Cupra 1.8 20VT 180BHP - Same Internals as the LCR Engines?

Mully

Fezza 1.4 At the moment!
Apr 22, 2008
North East England
Hello, i sold my LCR coming up a year now and i am wanting to get back into a leon so was just wondering if the "Cupra 180 Engine has the same internals as the Cupra R's 210 & 225 engines?"

My thoughts at the moment are to Buy a cupra 180 and in Time get:
K04 Turbo
Forge 007P
Jetex Cone Filter + Appropriate CAI
Turbo Intake Pipe
Downpipe + Decat/Sports Cat with Scorpian CatBack Exhaust
Remap

I expect i should see figures of around 250bhp with this setup :think: if that is possible on stock internals?

I also did a search but could only find differences between the 210 & 225 Engines Which i already know!

Thanks in advance! :)

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Hello, i sold my LCR coming up a year now and i am wanting to get back into a leon so was just wondering if the "Cupra 180 Engine has the same internals as the Cupra R's 210 & 225 engines?"

My thoughts at the moment are to Buy a cupra 180 and in Time get:
K04 Turbo
Forge 007P
Jetex Cone Filter + Appropriate CAI
Turbo Intake Pipe
Downpipe + Decat/Sports Cat with Scorpian CatBack Exhaust
Remap

I expect i should see figures of around 250bhp with this setup :think: if that is possible on stock internals?

I also did a search but could only find differences between the 210 & 225 Engines Which i already know!

Thanks in advance! :)

You will also need a different exhaust manifold for the tubby, different intake manifold, charge pipe, intercooler set up from LCR. The internals are different too, wrist pins are a different size, 19mm instead of 20mm from memory, think the conrods are different too but don't take my word for it.
You will also be missing the better front geometry set up of the LCR with the ARB off the struts rather than wishbones, and the brembos..

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
You dont need to change the intake side of the LC just put a front mount on, there are LC's running over 300bhp and more importanrly 300ft of tourque on stock internals, even the LCR is recomended to change the internals over these figures. Its worth doing the hubs, arb and wishbones if lowering as well.
Assaid if your going the Ko4 route you will need the exhaust mani as well but you would be better to get a hibrid Ko3s then everything is bolt on and you would be up to 260-70bhp then with a map.

Mully

Fezza 1.4 At the moment!
Apr 22, 2008
North East England
This is very interesting and there are things mentioned that i have overlooked such as an exhaust mani etc, Really does make you think that the money i would spend getting a leon cupra to a respectable figure and fast road setup, i could prob put towards getting a Reasonable mileage cupra R and a stage 1 remap! :think: As i would have the best of both worlds! the power and the basic handling setup! I do miss my cupra R like:(

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
The thing is if the moneys tight get the LC and do the mods slowly, this is what i did, and its different at the end of the day you can do what you want, bit of a hibrid realy not stricktly an LC but not an LCR either.

Mully

Fezza 1.4 At the moment!
Apr 22, 2008
North East England
Hmm Very True Phil, Thats a postive way of lookin at things and then you can mod at your own pace! ;) Basically i will have around 4.5k , i have seen some very good reasonable mileage cupra's for around £3500-£4000 Up here! so lets see how things go! need to get rid of this Fiesta First haha!

Mully

Fezza 1.4 At the moment!
Apr 22, 2008
North East England
:lol:haha, no believe me im not that insane! i had to sell my leon due to certain circumstances, i then bought another car and took fiesta in part ex to do the deal! so thats how i have a 56 plate fiesta :rolleyes:

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
REAR AXLE
This is composed of an axle with integrated arms and a stabiliser bar, similar to the front
wheel drive León.
The rear axle has been modified, incorporating the "AGILE" concept suspension,
employing the fitting of silentblocs and springs with modified settings, to provide firmer
suspension and better vehicle cornering.
The stabiliser bar has a diameter of 21.7 mm.
The result is a rear axle, with a progressive reaction easily anticipated by the driver.

Didn't know the LCR had a rear anti roll bar from the factory?

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Not hard to find out, have a peep under the back.

Can I just ask why you sold the LCR and why you're coming back?

brad1

TBH mate, its going to be cheaper to just buy a LCR and get a stage 1 remap. This stuff is always talked about and the answer is, just buy the LCR in the first place lol

robertj

weight is the enemy
The mods you listed, if they do give you 250bhp, I think you'll find the internals will easily cope with this. Look at RobDon's build. Until recently he was running just over 300bhp on standard LC internals.

robertj

weight is the enemy
REAR AXLE
This is composed of an axle with integrated arms and a stabiliser bar, similar to the front
wheel drive León.
employing the fitting of silentblocs and springs with modified settings, to provide firmer
The result is a rear axle, with a progressive reaction easily anticipated by the driver.

I think this might be describing the 4 wheel drive Leon. Luke at Jabba runs an LCR in the Britcar championship using a shell from a 4 wheel drive Leon solely for the rear suspension.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Phillc wrote

REAR AXLE
wheel drive León.

It's a beam axle and so has some anti-roll coupling built into it's construction. The beam joins the two trailing arms a small distance away from the pivot points, after all. I think you'll find there is a cylindrical bar up the middle of the beam.

What were you expecting, a separately-mounted bar with links and pivot bushes to wear out?

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Phillc wrote

REAR AXLE
wheel drive León.

It's a beam axle and so has some anti-roll coupling built into it's construction. The beam joins the two trailing arms a small distance away from the pivot points, after all. I think you'll find there is a cylindrical bar up the middle of the beam.

What were you expecting, a separately-mounted bar with links and pivot bushes to wear out?

I expect yes, something similar to an aftermarket ARB ala Neuspeed.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.