Cupra 225 0-62 and 1/4 mile times, Cupra is slow ?

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Iv driven two type R's...tje 212 bhp model, and the older 197bhp model...and they both felt very slow compared to my LC..un fair now as my LC is stage 2.

But i raced a few CTR when all the cupra had was an induction system and exhaust...and there was nothing in it on the road between a type R and my cupra, if anything, id say the cupra had a slight edge.

So how you can say the Cupra R seems slower confuses me. My two cents.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
212bhp model doesnt exist in the UK mate, must have been the JDM version imported into this country (Japanese domestic market)

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
im Sure they do..CTR's from 2005 on, had a ligther flywheel and 212bhp...Il check now

*edit*

Seems not to be the case. I thought they had extra power when they re-styled the car slightly. Then i gues they were both 197 bhp cars, one being a 2002 model, the other being a 2005 model. They didnt feel quick, you look at the speedo, and you are shifting..but as to feel. It seemed when the v-tec finally kicked in, it was time to change gear.

Last edited:

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Nope still the 197bhp model, just a facelifted version with lighter flywheel giving it a 0-62 time of 0.2 secs quicker.

Defo 197bhp though, although the japs do have a 212bhp version

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Yes thats the version im on about, thought it was 212 though but think your right it is 220

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
From my experience of 3 yrs (100,000 miles) in CTR and 2 years (45,000 miles) in the LCR.. Nowt in it to 90-100mph (210 slightly slower).. After that the CTR is slightly quicker..
LCR quicker day to day driving obviously, but less fun.. LCR alot easier and cheaper to tune and nicer ride.. But not as chuckable and grin inducing as CTR..

As for a Cupra with zorst and filter being quicker than a CTR... LMAO.. Think you needed to find one with a decent driver in mate.. I'd say zorst, filter and re-map would be close though.. My CTR did a 14.5 1/4 at 97mph just as a comparison..
Both great cars for different reasons.. Love them both to be honest..

bigbadben

Using my 'ass dyno' the LCR 225 i drove the other day *felt* equally as fast as my old '01 S2000! Less manic, undoubtedly, but no less rapid.

I have owned both an S2k and a CTR and if truth be told, the LCR felt quicker than my '02 CTR. Definitely, not as raucous as the CTR that's for sure...

Maybe my CTR was slow (which i sincerely doubt!) or maybe the LCR was in good health? Maybe my memory was a little dulled because the CTR was a bit, well, not right for me?

Who knows?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
From my experience of 3 yrs (100,000 miles) in CTR and 2 years (45,000 miles) in the LCR.. Nowt in it to 90-100mph (210 slightly slower).. After that the CTR is slightly quicker..
LCR quicker day to day driving obviously, but less fun.. LCR alot easier and cheaper to tune and nicer ride.. But not as chuckable and grin inducing as CTR..

As for a Cupra with zorst and filter being quicker than a CTR... LMAO.. Think you needed to find one with a decent driver in mate.. I'd say zorst, filter and re-map would be close though.. My CTR did a 14.5 1/4 at 97mph just as a comparison..
Both great cars for different reasons.. Love them both to be honest..

ben... i just think you have a slow LCR! :whistle: ;)

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Ha ha... Chuck me a De-cat, full zorst, CAI, TIP, FMIC etc etc and we'll see if my SLOW LCR can make up that 11/100th's of a second it trails yours by of the 1/4 mile eh....?;)
Mu hahahahahahahah! LOL

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
i was going to get the civic type R befor i got the LCR but when i took the civic type R for a test drive i was well not in pressed at all. i thought the power just want there, it evan felt slower than my ibiza cupra that i had.

saying that u can pick up a civic type R quite abit cheeper than a LCR so u could put abit of money more money in2 it!!!
for me thought the the civic type R would have been a better car than it was.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Ha ha... Chuck me a De-cat, full zorst, CAI, TIP, FMIC etc etc and we'll see if my SLOW LCR can make up that 11/100th's of a second it trails yours by of the 1/4 mile eh....?;)
Mu hahahahahahahah! LOL

:blahblah: :blahblah:

;)

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
BOught our lass a CTR in 2004 (brand new)

In theory a great car, in reality, far from it.

Had AA out within half an hour as bonnet would nto shut.

TO keep in the powerband when chaging up you had to hit the rev limiter.

Loads of faults including having to go through 21 alloys before getting a decent set, heater and central locking packing in. Windscrean falling out over 120 mph (in europe).

The red seats looked nice but wore badly.

Civic paint very solf and loads of chips within few miles

After 8 months decided to get shut and go or the LCR and this is much better(don't ge tme wrong I have had issues with SEAT but not as bad as the civic) .

It is also much easier to drive and with hindsight is looking much better for its age (CTR is starting to look out of date where as the LCR still look agresive)

Go for the switch

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
lol @ this thread, but...

not that i have driven a CTR... except in the que at pod lol...

my opinion is that compared to a STANDARD LCR there isnt really much in it on the road... the CTR would be better for a track i feel (remember im talking standard here! ;))

so for the boy racers in you, i think the CTR is better in a way, but for evey day driving the LCR winds hands down due to the turbo/torque! and also for modding the LCR wins as the 1.8 20v T lump is easy to tune for not much doller! :)

i have only had a few blasts with CTRs and they are never a trouble for me... dont get me wrong they are not slow, but im stage 2 and got a 13.8 at pod... i honeslty think 13.6 would be possible in my car too! ;) :whistle:

this is my 2p worth! :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.