Cupra 280 competition clutch?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
That's a DX/Southbend kit, I bet Helix and Sachs have got kits as well.

What's the reasoning behind wanting a new clutch?

Nobziller

Apr 26, 2015
I haven't found one off them yet, been messaging loads for one, as mines started slipping

Nobziller

Apr 26, 2015
Done the odd burnout, but I had a release bearing fault in which it would only release halfway riding the clutch till I double clutch kicked it in, it's gone back to seat, but apparently they couldn't find an issue with it.

JamieLittwin

0-60 In Sparrows Cough
Mar 2, 2015
That's a DX/Southbend kit, I bet Helix and Sachs have got kits as well.

What's the reasoning behind wanting a new clutch?

Dragging up the past but I'm still looking, and clutch was slipping when I bought the car about 8 months ago. As it's been winter I haven't driven it very hard but I had a blast the other day and when changing at red line in 2nd/3rd/4th etc it just doesn't want to engage properly. SEAT can't find a fault... :shrug:

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
Dragging up the past but I'm still looking, and clutch was slipping when I bought the car about 8 months ago. As it's been winter I haven't driven it very hard but I had a blast the other day and when changing at red line in 2nd/3rd/4th etc it just doesn't want to engage properly. SEAT can't find a fault... :shrug:
I had exactly the same fault with mine, after taking the car to seat 3 times they eventually took the box out and said the springs in the clutch plate had become weak and replaced the clutch and flywheel under warranty. They did have to contact Germany for advice though.

Last edited:

alper

Feb 28, 2016
Seems autos can take much more of a beating today compared to manuals. Same with brands outside VAG, BMW had all sorts of issues with clutches failing even on stock power on the M3/4. A reason that I will be going with the DSG even if that means less "driver involvement", one less thing to worry about stage 2.

lee wwfc

Dec 8, 2013
Does anyone have any sort of idea how much power/torque the dsg box can take reliably? Really want to just go stage 1 but too scared in case the clutch can't take it.
Lee

alper

Feb 28, 2016
Think the theoretical torque limit for the DSG6 DQ250 is 400 Nm but if the smaller DQ200 7speed is anything to go by (lots if 1.4 TSIs running 300-350Nm for years), the DSG6 will probably be fine up to 500Nm or more.

Stage 1 is definitely not something to worry from what I read.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.