Cupra 300 Buying Advice

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
I must admit I did try the search bar, but I must be doing something wrong - I could barely find any relevant threads.

I've finally found a Cupra with all of the features an options I'm looking for, and I'm going to view it this week.
It's a 2017 Cupra 300, and I picked it because it has:

5 doors
DSG
Keyless entry and go
Pano roof
Wireless charger
Desire Red metallic paint

and being the 300 it's the facelift which I prefer visually, with the fog lights, extra interior alcantara on the doors and the (imo ugly) white trim replaced for fake carbon, and it has the MIB2 infotainment. I'm also under the impression that the exhaust note is much more full and fulfilling on 300s, whereas my 280 has a rather dull and quiet note.

I'm coming from a manual 2014 Cupra 280 SC in non metallic red, with MIB1 which is useless to me at least, and no optional extras.

With all of that said, when I go to test drive it this week, is there anything I should look out for? Keep in mind? Ask about?
My biggest concern is the mileage - it's got 46k on the clock , after only 3 years. I have less miles on my 280 than that! I'm a bit more at ease about it because I assume it's mostly easy motorway miles, but still.

I'm planning on asking if it's had a DSG service, so I've noted that.

Also, whilst we're at it - any dealership strategy to either get more for my 280 or spend less on the 300?

EDIT: I've never driven a DSG before. Also, there's an outstanding recall on it. Do I need to be worried, and do we know what it's for? Can I complain about that for some money off?

Last edited:

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
I must admit I did try the search bar, but I must be doing something wrong - I could barely find any relevant threads.

I've finally found a Cupra with all of the features an options I'm looking for, and I'm going to view it this week.
It's a 2017 Cupra 300, and I picked it because it has:

5 doors
DSG
Keyless entry and go
Pano roof
Wireless charger
Desire Red metallic paint

and being the 300 it's the facelift which I prefer visually, with the fog lights, extra interior alcantara on the doors and the (imo ugly) white trim replaced for fake carbon, and it has the MIB2 infotainment. I'm also under the impression that the exhaust note is much more full and fulfilling on 300s, whereas my 280 has a rather dull and quiet note.

I'm coming from a manual 2014 Cupra 280 SC in non metallic red, with MIB1 which is useless to me at least, and no optional extras.

With all of that said, when I go to test drive it this week, is there anything I should look out for? Keep in mind? Ask about?
My biggest concern is the mileage - it's got 46k on the clock , after only 3 years. I have less miles on my 280 than that! I'm a bit more at ease about it because I assume it's mostly easy motorway miles, but still.

I'm planning on asking if it's had a DSG service, so I've noted that.

Also, whilst we're at it - any dealership strategy to either get more for my 280 or spend less on the 300?

EDIT: I've never driven a DSG before. Also, there's an outstanding recall on it. Do I need to be worried, and do we know what it's for? Can I complain about that for some money off?

As long as it's been serviced correctly and the DSG oil change has been done you shouldn't have much to worry about , and a recall just means putting yourself out to get it fixed at a Main Dealer, I recently got a 300 dsg and Love it , good luck.

Reactions: Kothaex

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
The recall is probably the turn signal warning light fault - the failure warning doesn't appear on the dash. It's a quick software fix.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.