Cupra Alloy Removal

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
I am wanting to take my Cupra alloy wheels off my ibiza so that i can give the brakes a good clean and get them back to a nice red shine, but i cant get the nuts of the wheel.

i no they have a cap on them, but there is nothing in the kit in the spare wheel, and i dont have anyhting in my garage to remove them :cry:

what tool have people used to remove the alloys??

RichIbizaSport

Says Bye! x
Apr 29, 2007
Hull
www.facebook.com
I dont know about the caps, my 1.9 tdi sport has alloys with no caps. Do you mean you cant get the nuts to turn? Spray wd-40 on them, leave for 10 mins, get a hammer and knock quite hard on each side of the tool connected to the nuts. Try again :)

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
I am wanting to take my Cupra alloy wheels off my ibiza so that i can give the brakes a good clean and get them back to a nice red shine, but i cant get the nuts of the wheel.

i no they have a cap on them, but there is nothing in the kit in the spare wheel, and i dont have anyhting in my garage to remove them :cry:

what tool have people used to remove the alloys??

There should be a "U" shaped piece of plastic in the spare wheel kit, you just push it onto the cap and it pulls them off.

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
I dont know about the caps, my 1.9 tdi sport has alloys with no caps. Do you mean you cant get the nuts to turn? Spray wd-40 on them, leave for 10 mins, get a hammer and knock quite hard on each side of the tool connected to the nuts. Try again :)

no, the caps that go on top of the nuts. i cant get them off to get access to the nuts to remove them

There should be a "U" shaped piece of plastic in the spare wheel kit, you just push it onto the cap and it pulls them off.

will have another look in the spare wheel kit, but im pretty sure there isnt anything in there to take them off. where abouts in the kit should it be (if you know?)

I used one out of my old citroen, not that helps ya! lol

i did used to have a citroen saxo before i brought this, but that went a year ago so wont be able to use that now!!

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
will have another look in the spare wheel kit, but im pretty sure there isnt anything in there to take them off. where abouts in the kit should it be (if you know?)

You can't really miss it mate, it sounds like you never got suplied one, just go back to the dealer, they hould have some knocking around.

Derek

Jun 5, 2004
Kirkmuirhill
I have a spare if you need it, prob cost more to mail it though than to get a new one. When I got my car there were a few of those caps missing, got new ones and found them a total pain to put back on due to the depth they are in, does anyone else find this??

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
There should be a piece of wire in the tool kit. It has a loop at one end (to put your finger in for leverage), and a small hook at the other (to insert in a small hole in the cap). About the thickness of a coat hanger.

It should all be in the tool kit inside the spare wheel along with the jack, lock wheel nut, towing eye and brace. If it isn't there you could always make one out of a metal coat hanger (as long as it isn't made of alloy - bends too easily). Should be a picture in the manual if I remember correctly. Put the small hook in the hole in the wheel cap and it should just pull off to reveal the bolts underneath.

That's assuming the wheels have a similar cap to my 2007 FR.

Last edited:

Derek

Jun 5, 2004
Kirkmuirhill
ahh, could be like the thing I had in the TDi's toolkit for taking off the big centre cap on its wheels, will have a look tomorrow! but don't think I saw a hole in the caps????

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Needle nose pliers. That stupid ring is crap. Got a very sore finger after doing 1 wheel. Also its probably sitting upside down, the only thing you'll be able to see is the lip on it.

Also good tip all have a set of gardening glove in your boot.... ever tried changing a wheel with your best suit on?

Last edited:

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
cheers for the help and advice guys, much appreciated. will have a look when i get home from work and see what i can do

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
yer i used to have a U shaped plastic tool extreamly easy to remove these caps with it but it got lost but luckily as i have loads of my own tools at work ive got two hook tools and i manage to get them off with them but i seriously consider you dont use pliers or anything olong them lines as you WILL scratch your alloys!

DEREK il have you sare 1 if its going!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.