Cupra and 374 miles on one tank

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
just checked my nerdy excel spreadsheet. most ive managed is 333, in summer last year.

has anyone else noticed how fuel economy increases with the warmer weather? makes a massive difference, especially on shorter journeys.

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
just checked my nerdy excel spreadsheet. most ive managed is 333, in summer last year.

has anyone else noticed how fuel economy increases with the warmer weather? makes a massive difference, especially on shorter journeys.

Surely it should be worse as the engine performs better with the colder air. My R32 was noticeably more 'sluggish' when it was really hot a couple of summers ago.

anthb

Nov 8, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well it's a 55 litre tank and the light comes on at 7 litres (acording to the manual).

It's currently costing me about £55 to £58 to fill up with v-power by the time I get to the pump from the light coming on.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Surely it should be worse as the engine performs better with the colder air. My R32 was noticeably more 'sluggish' when it was really hot a couple of summers ago.

nope.
engine produces (an almost negligable amount of) more power with more dense air.
fuel economy increases as you dont have as cold a lump of metal to heat up.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
I noticed my Fr was a little sluggish last night, 1st time I've driven it in hi teen temps......

temperature is irrelevant!
its air density that counts. it just so happens that warm air is less dense than cold.
i really doubt youd notice the difference.

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

I normally get just over 300 miles to a tank out of my demo cupra, thats mainly town driving

Irfan

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
Well it's a 55 litre tank and the light comes on at 7 litres (acording to the manual).

It's currently costing me about £55 to £58 to fill up with v-power by the time I get to the pump from the light coming on.

Same prices im paying.

I would love to know how DanGB gets over 40 mpg, must have just reset the trip and rolled down a big hill:p

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
That was on a 220 mile run at 70 :)

Bearing in mind I have 21K on the clock and a Big Turbo Conversion

Last edited:

CoMMy

Jun 25, 2007
Driving very slow can go upto 400miles on a tank.

I mean really conservative! The kind of driving that makes u go CRAZY and cant stand it... Like walking.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.