Cupra/Bocanegra Silencer Removal

chrisjames91

Yeah will do mate. Wheels are being refurbed on monday so if my boss decides he wants to pay me i should be getting it done. Depends if he has a free saturday too

chrisjames91

Iv rang up silver sytems in leek, who are a powerflow francise and they have got me in for 12 this saturday. They quoted me £30-40 for the job. Seems a lot cheaper than the other quotes that people have been getting. All iv heard is good things about the place from my mates who have been aswell.

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
I may call up and join you at that money?

You're in at 12? Have you got a number for them - I'll book in at 12:30 : )

wegi

Dakota Red Boc
Sep 20, 2012
Glasgow, Scotland
Well I've had the centre box off for a while now, and feel like a change so the backbox is coming off on Thursday! Will then also inform my insurance I have a catback, since that's pretty much what it is. Didn't bother telling them about the centre box removal.

chrisjames91

They shut at 12 i think mate. I think he is just doing it as a quick job before he goes home. Number is 01538 398123 incase you still want to ring him. Im going ask him to have a look at doing me some milltek style tips too.

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
Sounds decent actually!
I know it's a lot to ask but with you already spoken to him could you give him a bell and see he can squeeze mine in!
I'm stuck at work till 7pm and all our calls are monitored!
If he'll put some MillTek style tips on aswell it would be epic!
I massively appreciate it if you could mate :)

chrisjames91

Nevermind then lol. I think doing the tips would have to be another day personally. Cant see it being a 5min job. But im going with a pocket full of cash and il see what he says then haha

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
Fair ebough he seems like a sound guy! He said come down with your mate and we'll get them both done together! Haha I hope you're alright with that!
I kinda just jumped in the band wagon!

chrisjames91

Yeah im fine with that mate. Might be able get a discount if we both nag at him to do our tips haha

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
I'll get tips done if He'll do it really cheap!
He said to me to go together, shall we just meet up there or somewhere else? I don;t know where I'm going as I live an hour away! This is dedication from my half! hahaha

chrisjames91

May aswell meet there mate. Its easy enough to find, ST13 6LX that postcode is for the street its on and its only a little street so you cant miss it. Il get there for a lil before 12. Cant wait to get it done now. I keep reading through these posts.

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
I just had some proper **** news, I think my car may have cracked a piston and the cars out of warranty, hmmm now what! Do I get this done or not?

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
Take or back to seat and tell its not gd enough pistons should not fail after that amount of time. You want them to do it or at least help with the cost of having it done

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
Is it piston rings?
I've been to SEAT 3 times this week! Haha
I'm phoning customer services to get it sorted out!
I have extended warranty I bought from the dealer that may work!

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
There oil all over the plug and coil, my brother a mechanic and never seen anything like it.

Its misfiring like crazy.

I'll have to give this a miss on Saturday, so gutted!

Cars hopefully off to SEAT for tests!

Matt17121991

Nov 2, 2010
Redditch
There oil all over the plug and coil, my brother a mechanic and never seen anything like it.

Its misfiring like crazy.

I'll have to give this a miss on Saturday, so gutted!

Cars hopefully off to SEAT for tests!

Oh dear, not good news!

Hope you get it sorted, you out of warranty now then? Typical!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.