Cupra brand logo

bandit77

Apr 28, 2005
Nr Preston
Flag logo has been around since about 2014, There has been a previous "flag" like logo for the "R" on MK1 LCR and MK2 LCR. But previously its just been a "Cupra" badge in lettering.

SEAT Sport have also used flags in the background.

I think however the current flag design would look terrible in the middle of a grille as a badge. Might as well of gone with a yellow shield with a black toro in it with some flag in background.

Cupra are heading towards electric cars so an "old" badge heritage badge wouldn't really fit their futuristic views.

I'm not a massive fan of the new badge but it works better with their electric approach than a heritage one would

My Mk3 Ibiza cupra had the flag logo on the center console, that was a 2000. Plus the cupra letters on the early cupra's had the flag at the end of the letters, this was on the dash and on the tailgate generally, which was different to the R's Cupra Flags.

Im not a fan of the new Cupra Logo, i don't really know why they need to split it to a seperate brand. I personally don't have an issue with it being a SEAT cupra.... A bit like a VW GTI...

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Its really grown on me actually the badge, CUPRA is hoping to branch out making cars rather than just rebadging SEAT's just like SEAT did years ago with FIAT.

Reactions: rich RS

Action Man

Mar 24, 2019
Well CUPRA wont make their own cars since they are owned by SEAT, who is owned by AUDI , who is owned by VW who is probably owned by some 50% Chinese conglomerate, who then may well be owned by the Russians, who are part owned by the USA and then everyone is controlled by the Illuminate ..... So bottom line is.... you can't buy what they don't make so go with the flow and play with the toys in the box

Reactions: Cuprabenwytm

Deleted member 103408

@Action Man you should start a readers ride thread for you'r car so you can get all your post's done and share your motors with us.

Re ownership of the tribe its VW is the public company who in turn are majority owned by the Porsche Family from memory

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yep Porsche family overall control now even though Porsche (the car manufacturer is owned by VWG)

You are right @Action Man CUPRA can only play with the toys they are given but then wont be simply rebadging SEAT's in the future they will be making cars that you cant buy as a SEAT.

20VT_AUQ

Roar
Dec 5, 2019
I love all the Cupra logos in fact all 3 will coexist in my Seat Toledo, in addition to Seat logo LOL:
  • "S" by Seat in the front grill (stock)
  • Cupra flag in front grill aswell (near right headlight)
  • "R" badges next to side indicators (old Cupra R mk1 badges)
  • Cupra tribal logo at ass (trunk)
I might remove the side R or replace it by cupra flags, will think about it.