Cupra Connect App not working

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Not so much the app not working, but unable to connect to the car as it's been accessed too many times.

Anyone else seen this?

As mine Formentor is a hybrid and I use Intelligent Octopus (which has by app login details to control the charging), I'm wondering if I can't turn on the remote AirCon and/or the window heating is beacuse Octopus has been accessing the car to see if it's charging (so it can stop the charge and control it later to the overnight schedule).

ES_Formentor

Sep 30, 2021
Not so much the app not working, but unable to connect to the car as it's been accessed too many times.

Anyone else seen this?

As mine Formentor is a hybrid and I use Intelligent Octopus (which has by app login details to control the charging), I'm wondering if I can't turn on the remote AirCon and/or the window heating is beacuse Octopus has been accessing the car to see if it's charging (so it can stop the charge and control it later to the overnight schedule).
Same behaviour here with our 204 Hybrid and Intelligent Octopus,

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
The annoying feature for me is it shows lights on when left on auto - but only sometimes. The remote locking / unlocking is worth it alone though, could be a life saver.

Hizzards

Aug 19, 2021
I can’t log in anymore

98e1615d41472e838d64de4334261b7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Did you manage to draw a conclusion yet?
It certainly seems happy to allow me to use the app to heat the car, and to start on EV when fully charged now.

So maybe (as pointed out above), access to remote functions of the car in the app are limited to protect the 12V battery (as is starting the engine after multiple accesses to control the charging).

I often get five or six lines of the charging schedule, often running concurrently (00:00-00:30 then 00:30 to 01:30, etc.). I wonder if Octopus are accessing the car to stop and charge and then immediately accessing the car again to restart the charge.

ES_Formentor

Sep 30, 2021
It certainly seems happy to allow me to use the app to heat the car, and to start on EV when fully charged now.

So maybe (as pointed out above), access to remote functions of the car in the app are limited to protect the 12V battery (as is starting the engine after multiple accesses to control the charging).

I often get five or six lines of the charging schedule, often running concurrently (00:00-00:30 then 00:30 to 01:30, etc.). I wonder if Octopus are accessing the car to stop and charge and then immediately accessing the car again to restart the charge.
Similar to my conclusion. I suspect that Cupra/VAG have a limit on the number of commands that can be sent to the car (similar to other computer commands timing out) to prevent system overload in case of a fault or nefarious actors.
Am going to contact Octopus to see what they say, as in effect they have broken to utility of the existing systems by repetitive commands/interrogation.

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Just reporting that I received a small Apps & Services OTA update today with minor fixes.

I have noticed an increase in sync related issues recently, plenty of "changing your vehicle settings". Hopefully this update addresses the poor performance there.

Since I don't have a Connect subscription, it'll be interesting to see if the OTA update improves the mobile app for anybody here.

Hizzards

Aug 19, 2021
App Update today too. Mines been OK since the blip the other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinb

May 4, 2022
My App won't even start for the last few days. This was after loading it onto a new phone. I've uninstalled it and reloaded it but nothing happens when I try to use it. Has anyone else got problems?

Dec 26, 2023
Hi all ,

i have some problem with cupra connect

I read the previous answers, are the servers not stable or what is the problem?

yesterday I downloaded the app, registered everything, bought the service and was able to control it
nothing is working on this today and I don't know how to solve it

does anyone have any ideas?

1703609623684.png

Many thanks for every answers :)