Cupra connect app, upgrade worth it or not?..

V2Formentor

Mar 17, 2023
Hey all, so just come to the end of my 1st year with the formentor and being told to renew the app at a cost of £59!..is it worth it? I have the V2 base model 1.5 150ps, I was using the app to tell of my mpg's but other than that am I missing anything else?.. Like I said I don't have the other perks of the hybrid heat up the car options so I can't see the pros really other than being out of pocket 🙄

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Maybe leave it a few months and see if you miss it? I'm betting you won't!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
As I understand it, without renewing, you will lose map updates and navigation won't have traffic alerts or re-routing.
Possibly if infotainment OTA updates ever happen again, you won't get that either. Presumably you won't get the mpg figures, days to service and car info like if doors are locked etc.

So if any of that is important to you then renew. It is a little cheaper for two years @ £99.00

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
As I understand it, without renewing, you will lose map updates and navigation won't have traffic alerts or re-routing.
Possibly if infotainment OTA updates ever happen again, you won't get that either. Presumably you won't get the mpg figures, days to service and car info like if doors are locked etc.

So if any of that is important to you then renew. It is a little cheaper for two years @ £99.00
I still get mpg figs and days to service info, and not bothered about OTA updates as I have had no probs with anything since I collected car in May 2022. So if not broken why try to fix with an update, and my dealer only installs an update if a fault arises.

Cvpra

Mar 11, 2023
I think you also lose the Internet Radio stations but I could be wrong.

Apple CarPlay and keep the money in your wallet :)

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Putting to one side that you are essentially paying to access information the car is already giving you; £59 is just uncompetitive considering Ford gives you remote start, locking / unlocking, TPMS (tire pressures) and fuel reporting for free. I would more reasonably pay £29 per year if offered.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Putting to one side that you are essentially paying to access information the car is already giving you; £59 is just uncompetitive considering Ford gives you remote start, locking / unlocking, TPMS (tire pressures) and fuel reporting for free. I would more reasonably pay £29 per year if offered.
Without doubt its still very expensive for what you get despite them reducing the price.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.