Help choosing between V2 & VZ1

Sep 16, 2022
I had exactly the same predicament back in April. Everywhere had the 150 but nowhere had a 245. I test drove a 150 and was VERY underwhelmed (coming from a TT). I ordered a VZ1 245 without test driving as figures were similar to my TT. Leather and electric seats would have been nice but the VZ1 also had a few extras that the V2 didn’t.
Picked it up last Fri. Still playing nice for the first 600/1000 miles but a trip to Nottingham and back got me well on the way. Feels a LOT better than the 150 and comparable to the TT speed. It’s a lot bigger and feels more solid. Can’t wait to give it a proper go in Cupra mode
Thanks for that! That’s what I’ve decided to do - just going to go for it! I have driven a 245ps engine in the group to get a bit of a taste, but think I’ll just bite the bullet and give it a go!

V2Formentor

Mar 17, 2023
Hi all, I’m new here and looking to order a Formentor soonish - looking for some advice please!

I am undecided between the V2 & VZ1 options for a number of reasons, here are my thoughts:

V2: Better MPG, Cheaper, I’m worried 150ps will not be enough power

VZ1: Quite a bit more expensive (around 60-70 p/m), More powerful, Less MPG, No leather seats (preferable to me)

I am due to test drive a 150ps engine today which may help with my doubts, however NOWHERE within 2 hours of me has a 245ps petrol engine to test drive. Has anyone driven both for a comparison to help me choose? I currently drive a 95ps Polo, so both will be an upgrade - just want to know if the couple of MPG less and the £60+ per month extra are worth it for the extra power!

I’m not too keen on Leather seats usually, so that would be another plus to me for the VZ1 - but I’m unsure if paying that much more for no leather is stupid? I don’t like the regular seats in the V1 either, prefer the look of the bucket.

Am I correct in assuming the VZ1 has the actual exhausts whereas the V2 does not?

Sorry for the long winded post - Appreciate any help :)
Hi what did you choose??.. Happy with it? I currently have the V2 base model (had a year now) I'd love to feel the difference between that and the bigger engines with umpphh!.. On another note would you lose the warranty if you had it modified?

tzuicomicina

Feb 14, 2023
I think there's more than just the extra "umpphh" there...at least here in Romania. When I went for a test drive I noticed that the sound proofing is worse for the non VZ models (there's no V1/V2 here). Also in the VZ models when you were closing the doors the sound was lacking echo and felt like the ones in Golf/Leon/Passat, while in the non VZ models it was having some echo and felt more like a Skoda. But these could be market dependent differences or it's all just in my head after driving 20k km on both Octavia 3 and Golf 8.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.