Cupra Connect ripoff

KevinW

Apr 3, 2023
So, I just purchased a used Formentor, switching from an Audi A4 with the same engine and I'm generally happy with the car.

I was not impressed with Audi as Audi Connect only worked for 3 years, but when I found out that Cupra Connect was only 1 year I was little p****d to say the least.

I contacted Cupra to double check and they basic said tough, so I looked at the subscription info again. I'm on holiday in Spain at the moment and guess what it's only £99 for two years via the App here, not the ripoff £199 in the UK.

Unfortunately the payment would not process so I could not buy, but extremely poor show when Spain is half the price of UK. Really takes the shine off what I think is a brilliant car, just not so sure on the customer service.

KevinW

Apr 3, 2023
Not sure where you are looking at the £199 number, I paid £99 for 2 years here in the UK and the seat store still shows it as £99 ?
Thanks, I'll double check, it stated for me £119 for 1 year and £199 for two. I'm still in Spain so I'll check when I get home.

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
@KevinW it looks like the regular price is £199 for two years, but it's been on 'offer' at half price, sincesince forever.

I have the phev so there is some value in the cupra connect. But honestly, I think £99 is the outside price I would pay for this.

KevinW

Apr 3, 2023
Hi, thanks for replying everyone. I'll check on Monday and update. Maybe if I let it lapse it will be £99, which is just about a acceptable.

Reactions: LetsForment

KevinW

Apr 3, 2023
Hi all, after complaining I got a further response from Cupra. After accepting a zero payment on my card I was then able to buy 2 years for £99. I'll never know if it was the £199 which I thought it was in the UK, I'm 99% convinced it was before it came within 7 days of expiring, as I managed to buy whilst in Spain. Thanks the reply guys.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.