Cupra coolant issue?

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
I suppose the G13 and G12evo coolant behaves the same regarding expansion. FYI I have G12evo in our cars as you can see on my pics in posting 14. "Ohne silikat". (No silca)...

Reactions: RUM4MO

fuzzylogic

May 22, 2021
Thanks for the reply and i do understand that, however i think the fact the coolant is being pushed down it could be under too much pressure.

This phenomenon also happens when a heat gasket goes and exhaust gases are getting into the coolant system. However is also is accompanied with coolant loss. Which i dont have. So its either normal or the cap could be naff. Iv seen a youtube short earlier. Two infact... That suggests the cap is a possibility. However these caps where holding pressure many many hours in advance. Mine isnt quite as bad as that.

My previous two cars where a Megane RS Trophy 2019 and Focus RS Mk3 2018. I mention this because im very over the top with maintenance and checking the vehicle. On both of my previous vehicles mentioned. The coolant level would NEVER drop when hot. Always be a little over mark to which it was when it was cold/cool. This car is doing the complete opposite.

Most manufacturers say check coolant level when cold. This is because coolant expands when warm (to my understanding). So i guess what i want to know if this is normal on this EA888 Gen3 engine. If its normal, my mind will be at ease. If not i need to investigate further. I think im just going to buy a cap from Seat dealers today see if that solves it.

If someone could be as kind to check there coolant today before they set off and check again when the coolant is very warm. See if it drops from your current cold level. Would be very much appreciated

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise