Cupra / Cupra R differences?

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
hey i have a seat ibiza cupra 2000, I have a mate who has crashed his Cupra R and he is selling the parts , was wondering what are the main differences, and what parts are worth takeing? or is it just the mapping thats different between a cupra and a R ?, i am not interested in the turbo as i already have a GT2560R fitted,

thanks in advance.

cupraR59

Oct 4, 2009
grimsby
hi there mate been coverd before but i will tell you as i have a cupra r[B)]
1) 16" oz supper t alloys
2) brembo bakes
3) red seat belts
4) carbon engine cover
5) stifer suspension
6) r badges (obviously)+ ibiza spaced out along tailgate
7) seat sport half leather seats (seat sport emblem stitched into seat )
8) wider track not too sure by how much
9) 2 gauges in center console volt and oil temp
10)blue indicator bulbs lol

and one more thing to add is it aint the turbo which is different just the ecu however some have ko3s turbos if your lucky like mine :p .think thats it anyone else care to add anything ive missed ?
and as for things that you should salvage defo brembos and wheels a must :funk:

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
ok thats great advice!!! thanks alot, just one more question if i was to take the brembos would they fit straight onto my car i have never done this before. what would i need to take just the calipers?

daves ibiza

most important one a poo map to make 180bhp come on millo lol

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Sorry Dave i know im slacking now! Ok then, "The Cupra R are produces a healthy 180bhp from its 1.8litre 20valve turbo charged engine. A mild factory map achieves this healthy figure over its little brother the cupra". All from my own head just for you dave;)

Btw there is a sticky on this written up by Hooch somewhere

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
ok thats great advice!!! thanks alot, just one more question if i was to take the brembos would they fit straight onto my car i have never done this before. what would i need to take just the calipers?

Yes mate, straight swap, but you would need the braided brake lines aswell i think and possibily the carriers!

Neale

Aug 26, 2007
Elgin, Scotland
and one more thing to add is it aint the turbo which is different just the ecu however some have ko3s turbos if your lucky like mine :p .think thats it anyone else care to add anything ive missed ?
and as for things that you should salvage defo brembos and wheels a must :funk:

I never knew of this i thought all R's came with the k03??

cupraR59

Oct 4, 2009
grimsby
oh sorry guys must of just been lucky then and the previous owner fitted a ko3s because jabbasport stage 2 map produced 234 bhp on there rollers with forge fmic, full miltec exhaust, filter and dv am i rite in thinking no ko3 could produce that amount of power ?:confused:

tommy2008cupra

oh sorry guys must of just been lucky then and the previous owner fitted a ko3s because jabbasport stage 2 map produced 234 bhp on there rollers with forge fmic, full miltec exhaust, filter and dv am i rite in thinking no ko3 could produce that amount of power ?:confused:

unless it was on a very happy dyno probably not

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise