CUPRA Driving Experience

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Just got back from lunch with my wife,son and in-laws to find the Principal at my local SEAT DeAler has invited me to a CUPRA Driving Experience at Silverstone on the 08th August. Of course I didn’t even hesitate and said yes immediately.

My first ever Track Experience and food and tuition is included. Only downside is I have to take turns in driving a CUPRA belonging to the garage there and back with three other guys. The hardship or it all

Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Phew, for a second, I thought they wanted you to use your own car!!

Reactions: Maypack

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Just got back from lunch with my wife,son and in-laws to find the Principal at my local SEAT DeAler has invited me to a CUPRA Driving Experience at Silverstone on the 08th August. Of course I didn’t even hesitate and said yes immediately.

My first ever Track Experience and food and tuition is included. Only downside is I have to take turns in driving a CUPRA belonging to the garage there and back with three other guys. The hardship or it all

Can’t wait.

Lucky bugger! Enjoy!!!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hope you enjoy it, I went to a Cupra Sport day at Knockhill back in the 90's when I had a SEAT GTI 1.8. The dealer "Rutherfords of Earlston" picked me up along with a few others in a Alahambra and took us there. We had trips around the track in an Ibiza rally car driven by one of the SEAT team, all of who where women too (nearly all the female motorsport drivers in the UK where there) shots of driving the various Cupras on track and skid pan, fed and watered and all for free. Thought those events were well over, hoping more of these may appear again in the future.

Last edited:

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Hope you enjoy it, I went to a Cupra Sport day at Knockhill back in the 90's when I had a SEAT GTI 1.8. The dealer "Rutherfords of Earlston" picked me up along with a few others in a Alahambra and took us there. We had trips around the track in an Ibiza rally car driven by one of the SEAT team, all of who where women too (nearly all the female motorsport drivers in the UK where there) shots of driving the various Cupras on track and skid pan, fed and watered and all for free. Thought those events were well over, hoping more of these may again in the future.

Don’t know exactly how I got picked...might have something to do with my son completing his Work Experience from school there recently. Apparently he impressed the Service Manager a lot and I’m trying to get him another weeks experience.

I’ll feed back on the day next week and I’ve to pop into my dealer tomorrow to pick up some info on what’s available on the day. There was mention of track time along with drag strip and more..

Deleted member 103408

Thought those events were well over, hoping more of these may again in the future.

I suspect this is part of the CUPRA awareness programs to get the brand out there, plus they may pick up a sale or two along the way.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Coming to a used and approved near you - “500 miles, ex-demo” (will need new front tyres..)
:fool:

Properly jealous, have to enquire or google if this is a thing you can buy/get friendly with the right people for. Enjoy! :drive1:

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
@theoldboy when space permits, may get a older car for that purpose but while mines on lease, specifics state ‘no track or race use’!

Deleted member 103408

Joys of owning the car I guess, The other thing you can do is shout out to people where you live and see if anybody will let you ride along (only cost's a £10-00 for a passenger)

Reactions: bgb

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
The great thing about this day is my car is staying at home and I’m using a provided car. Dealer doesn’t know the full details yet and I’ll find out more tomorrow when I pop in to get a few more details.

From what I’ve been told it’s like a novice track day where we are given expert tuition before being let off on our own.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Our SEAT dealer promised me an invite to a Porsche day once we move closer to their track. The same dealership does Porsche, Audi, Skoda, Bentley, Aston, etc, etc.
I live in hope.

My dealer did mention that the Silverstone Porsche centre had been taken over and he mentioned driving Cupra’s. Mind you I wouldn’t say no to driving a Porsche on a track either.

Keep living in hope cos I didn’t ever expect to get a phone call offering me a Driving Experience, so you never know...