CUPRA Formentor Build date and delivery tracker

Jul 1, 2023
My V2 I ordered in April has just been given an unconfirmed build date of w/c 4/9/23. Looks like I've drawn the short straw in the build lottery compared to others.
I ordered my V2 through Motorfinity back in March and am yet to hear anything at all about a build date. I presume ordering through a company like this means I am at the back of the queue?

WhiskyBomber

Apr 13, 2023
Sorry to hear. Did you go for a hybrid? We were advised they had a much longer wait.
No, just the straight 1.5 manual

I ordered my V2 through Motorfinity back in March and am yet to hear anything at all about a build date. I presume ordering through a company like this means I am at the back of the queue?
I ordered through motorfinity too, I was assured 🙄 that it would be here in July or August but I should delay until September for the new plates. I don't care about plates but I thought a 2 month turnaround was unrealistic at the time so ordered a September delivery.

I only have an unconfirmed date because I phoned and started questioning a September delivery when a build date wasn't even in by July so they told me that. I don't know how far in advance a build date is confirmed so I'll call back at the end of the month again.

Jul 1, 2023
No, just the straight 1.5 manual

I ordered through motorfinity too, I was assured 🙄 that it would be here in July or August but I should delay until September for the new plates. I don't care about plates but I thought a 2 month turnaround was unrealistic at the time so ordered a September delivery.

I only have an unconfirmed date because I phoned and started questioning a September delivery when a build date wasn't even in by July so they told me that. I don't know how far in advance a build date is confirmed so I'll call back at the end of the month again.
How strange - when I ordered mine late March Motorfinity told me to expect it Oct/Nov time. Like you I was monitoring this thread and seeing others having quick turnaround

I have just been emailed a confirmed build date of week commencing 2nd Oct so they were pretty accurate with their estimates for me. Seems odd that only a couple weeks later they were throwing July/Aug around

My V2 is also the straight 1.5 manual, with no extras other than the magnetic tech grey paint.

I hope you hear from them soon and get a reasonable update!

Reactions: WhiskyBomber

WhiskyBomber

Apr 13, 2023
How strange - when I ordered mine late March Motorfinity told me to expect it Oct/Nov time. Like you I was monitoring this thread and seeing others having quick turnaround

I have just been emailed a confirmed build date of week commencing 2nd Oct so they were pretty accurate with their estimates for me. Seems odd that only a couple weeks later they were throwing July/Aug around

My V2 is also the straight 1.5 manual, with no extras other than the magnetic tech grey paint.

I hope you hear from them soon and get a reasonable update!
Aye, yours is much more realistic. I think it's annoying me more because the bank of England keep raising rates for all the wrong reasons and pushing up what I'll have to pay.

If the bank puts it up again or it's delayed I'll probably have to look elsewhere. I'm not prepared to wait until Christmas and an extra £80pcm for no reason.

Mar 20, 2023
Ordered through Motorfinity as well 24/3. V2 190 + safety pack + electric boot. Build date was w/b 5/6. Car made it to the UK couple weeks ago and currently stuck at the port. Not too long now. 🙌

Jul 1, 2023
Ordered through Motorfinity as well 24/3. V2 190 + safety pack + electric boot. Build date was w/b 5/6. Car made it to the UK couple weeks ago and currently stuck at the port. Not too long now. 🙌
You’ve done well there then, I must have ordered only a couple days after you but waiting an extra 4 months for mine!

It was probably early June when I got a generic email from Motorfinity apologising for delays due to semi conductor shortages

Jul 21, 2023
Hi People
I am new to this forum from Australia.
I recently put 1k deposit for a Formentor 310hp one (known as vzx).
The sales guy told me Cupra allocated 70% of the factory production to Australia to increase the market share.
I can see a large number of Cupra Formentor vzx are arriving in Australia (as many as 380) next a couple of month.
I chose a car built in Mar/23. Currently Cupra promotes AUD 5k cashback if I order by the end of this month. I think it is a great value compared to what VW offers like R and T roc R.

Rodders97

Aug 24, 2022
I currently have a V2 in asphalt blue manual, I’ve decided to go and upgrade to a VZ2 245 petrol order placed last week estimated date for car to be here I’d December If not February the latest. In Neveda white with top camera as spec. First time that I’ll be driving automatic too so quite nervous but excited

Jones2020

Jul 14, 2023
I currently have a V2 in asphalt blue manual, I’ve decided to go and upgrade to a VZ2 245 petrol order placed last week estimated date for car to be here I’d December If not February the latest. In Neveda white with top camera as spec. First time that I’ll be driving automatic too so quite nervous but excited
Youll never go back to a manual

WhiskyBomber

Apr 13, 2023
Sadly, latest update is further delays and now an unconfirmed build week of 2nd October. I don't think I can keep being dangled along by Cupra any longer so will probably have to start looking elsewhere.

Gutted, this is the first car I was truly excited about getting in years.

Jun 21, 2023
Sounds like I got lucky with mine, also through Motorfinity. Ordered mid-June for delivery September. Had a call the same day saying if I was happy to switch colour from Met Grey to Met Black, then there was one just going into build. Accepted - arrived in country a week and a half ago and it's being delivered on 8 August. Would have been 2nd, but I'm busy from then until 8th unfortunately

dxh

Apr 16, 2023
Ordered a V2 1.5 DSG in April, they originally quoted June/July but I never thought that was realistic anyway and would have been way too early in terms of the current car going back. Have been informed that it is in stock at the dealer and have booked delivery towards the end of August.

Jun 21, 2023
Well my car was built the week beginning 19 June, took delivery on Tues 8 August - very happy boy indeed! What a fabulous car it is to drive. Bigger bonus was that it came with mats!

Reactions: new forest cupra

WhiskyBomber

Apr 13, 2023
SPoke to dealer, agreed to buy a Formentor on 0% as Cupra were "guaranteeing" delivery before December 31st and any delays would mean they still honoured the 0% offer. Phoned Motorfinity to cancel as still no confirmed build date, got a call from dealer while waiting for the cancellation forms to get emailed over for signing to say that Cupra will no longer guarantee delivery by 31st December, won't honour the 0% if not registered this year and they estimate 20-24wks for delivery now. So cancelled the cancellation with Motorfinity and back where I started with no end in sight.

I actually expect the Motorfinity deal to get cancelled either by them or Cupra now, 20-24wk delivery for orders today would mean my order in April essentially being delivered in the next month if that was the timeframe and when there's not even a build date...

Reactions: Seriously?

Rodders97

Aug 24, 2022
Got another update from motorfinity regarding my VZ2 245 I have a unconfirmed week build date of 8th January 2024, my estimate delivery from them when ordering last month was February 2024 so hopefully I’ll get my build date confirmed soon

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
Some Tit Decided to mess the spreadsheet up
the name registered agains the change is Matty Fey he posted

2 comments​

matty fay​

• 21:33, 6 Sept (BST)

New​

I don't give a shite
Open

matty fay​