CUPRA Formentor Build date and delivery tracker

WhiskyBomber

Apr 13, 2023
Just cancelled my order through motorfinity as the endless delays due to being a fleet car and it being put to the bottom of the pile was too much.

Have managed to secure almost the same model from a dealer though, brand new Nevada white V2 manual with blue leather. I'd rather the base white than the Nevada white for £615 as I can't tell the difference and I'm not getting the electric tailgate I wanted but overall I'm happy. Pick it up in the next week or so and it's on the 0% offer so that makes up for it!

Hopefully in a couple years they've sorted out the supply side issues when I'm looking to upgrade

WhiskyBomber

Apr 13, 2023
Picked up the car yesterday, was loving every minute of it. On the drive back home on the motorway, periodically felt an ever so slight rumble - almost like driving over well worn rumble strips. Put it down to new tyres, firmer suspension and shite road quality in parts.

Was walking to the car this morning and the early sun made something glint and upon checking....

20230925_191314.jpg

Absolutely gutted, I think it's too close and/or too big for a repair so circa £180 bill less than 24 hrs into ownership for a new Eagle F1.

Icing on the cake for the whole Formentor buying saga to be honest. :(

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Picked up the car yesterday, was loving every minute of it. On the drive back home on the motorway, periodically felt an ever so slight rumble - almost like driving over well worn rumble strips. Put it down to new tyres, firmer suspension and shite road quality in parts.

Was walking to the car this morning and the early sun made something glint and upon checking....

View attachment 38450
Absolutely gutted, I think it's too close and/or too big for a repair so circa £180 bill less than 24 hrs into ownership for a new Eagle F1.

Feel gutted for you, this happened to me on a my motorbike when only on it's first run with less than 100 miles on the clock.

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester

View attachment 38450

I had the same last month! A nice £220 lighter for a replacement Bridgestone Turanza but luckily not in the first 24 hours

Oct 27, 2023
Just ordered my first Cupra and first new car! Got a great price on a Formentor V2 manual from Drive the Deal, expecting it March 15th apparently. Fingers crossed for the 24 plate!

Am unbelievably excited tbh 😬

RyuCupra

Oct 28, 2023
Just ordered my first Cupra and first new car! Got a great price on a Formentor V2 manual from Drive the Deal, expecting it March 15th apparently. Fingers crossed for the 24 plate!

Am unbelievably excited tbh 😬
Nice one !

Ordered my V2 at the end of September and it should get here start of December. First Cupra and new car as well :).

Finding it hard not to Google Formentor related stuff everyday at this point, which is making the wait even more difficult , haha.

Reactions: jamestg
Oct 27, 2023
Nice one !

Ordered my V2 at the end of September and it should get here start of December. First Cupra and new car as well :).

Finding it hard not to Google Formentor related stuff everyday at this point, which is making the wait even more difficult , haha.
Haha I’m the same! Every piece of social media I have is full of Cupra Formentors at the moment 😂

Nice quick delivery for you though! Whilst I’m very impatient I think I want to wait till March just so I have enough time for a bigger deposit than currently planned 😬 I’m going from an Ibiza so will deffo be a step up in the monthly payment 😂

Reactions: RyuCupra

RyuCupra

Oct 28, 2023
Haha I’m the same! Every piece of social media I have is full of Cupra Formentors at the moment 😂

Nice quick delivery for you though! Whilst I’m very impatient I think I want to wait till March just so I have enough time for a bigger deposit than currently planned 😬 I’m going from an Ibiza so will deffo be a step up in the monthly payment 😂
I hear you on the deposit bit, haha.

I've been mostly looking at accessories to get for it and such 🙂

Going from an Audi A3 which I bought outright (so it'll serve as deposit money haha), so definitely a step up too 🙂. Mostly looking forward to having more legroom to be honest, being a tall guy and all 😆

Going to be the longest November ever !

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
Order placed late September for a VZ1 2.0 245, desire red. Car allegedly going in to production next week. Rough estimate of December delivery.

Interestingly, according to the latest brochure the 2.0 245 and 2.0 190 have been dropped as options on the VZ lineup, leaving just the 1.4 eHybrid and 2.0 310.

Oct 27, 2023
I’ve just requested to change car colour with the dealer, am I likely to have much success in this? Only ordered last week!

Rodders97

Aug 24, 2022
Received my build date yesteday for a VZ2 245 finally going in production the first week of December. So fingers crossed it’s here by end of January

Jul 1, 2023
Received my build date yesteday for a VZ2 245 finally going in production the first week of December. So fingers crossed it’s here by end of January
Same here, finally got a confirmed build date of w/b 4th December for my V2 manual after ordering way back at the end of March. Hoping for a nice present to start the new year with!

Would love to know how they work out build times etc after seeing others quoted a December delivery after ordering in September

Rodders97

Aug 24, 2022
Same here, finally got a confirmed build date of w/b 4th December for my V2 manual after ordering way back at the end of March. Hoping for a nice present to start the new year with!

Would love to know how they work out build times etc after seeing others quoted a December delivery after ordering in September
I think it depends if you just went and ordered a standard v2 with no extras they’d get built quicker I have a V2 and mine went into production last year in October but because I went and got a electric tailgate (worth it) they were waiting on that part for ages almost 6 weeks so it left factory December last year to then get it March this year. Decided to upgrade on VZ2 with one extra so fingers crossed it’ll be here just before February as estimated

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands

I think there was a clause with the 0% finance deal that was on at the time whereby the car had to be registered by 31st December, so some internal trickery going on to make that happen I’d say. Mine has been built now but awaiting transport to UK, allegedly not this month but at some point in December.

Rodders97

Aug 24, 2022

Any update on your car?

Jul 1, 2023
Any update on your car?
No nothing yet, ordered through Motorfinity and the last I heard from them they said they'd have an update once it had left the factory. Not sure how long build times are once it goes into production but had no extras other than magnetic tech grey paint

Rodders97

Aug 24, 2022
No nothing yet, ordered through Motorfinity and the last I heard from them they said they'd have an update once it had left the factory. Not sure how long build times are once it goes into production but had no extras other than magnetic tech grey paint
Mines a VZ2 245 it was built 4th December I phoned last Monday told it had already been built and left factory I’m due to call this Friday to see if it’s on ship but got a feeling it’s already arrived In uk this week however due to pick it up second week of January 2024 so far

Jul 1, 2023
Mines a VZ2 245 it was built 4th December I phoned last Monday told it had already been built and left factory I’m due to call this Friday to see if it’s on ship but got a feeling it’s already arrived In uk this week however due to pick it up second week of January 2024 so far
Excellent news!
I’ll chase Motorfinity tomorrow to see if they can tell me anything on mine

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
So mine is now at the dealer awaiting PDI and eventually a date for me to collect probably in the new year. Couldn’t help but notice on a walk around video sent to me that the rear lights aren’t lighting up right? It’s just the outer lenses that are lighting up - maybe that’s because it’s in transport mode?

Out of curiosity has anyone had a delivered recently able to say whether you have dynamic rear indicators?

Attachments

• IMG_7171.jpeg
    IMG_7171.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 54
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.