CUPRA Formentor Build date and delivery tracker

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Received from the dealer today:

Your vehicle is now built and in transit to the port in Germany where it will be shipped to the UK. It should be arriving in the next 3-6 weeks. We are experiencing unprecedented delays due to semi-conductor shortages and also other components and parts.

A bit disappointed to be honest given that I was quoted 8-10 weeks for delivery in week 8, we're now week 21 and it's still potentially another 6 weeks away from even landing in the dealership. I know they stated it's all subject to change etc. when ordering, however can't help feel that they probably knew it had no chance of arriving in that time, yet just gave those numbers to sell cars.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Just been informed mine has a confirmed build week 23 so should be with me middle July. Not bad as I only ordered toward the end of April.

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
Mines is bw22; they are estimating car to be with me in 6-8 weeks. ordered 1st april.

Was being told 8-10 weeks also by stockport; where as other dealers were telling me 12-16 weeks so expected some slippage on stockports estimate.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Mines is bw22; they are estimating car to be with me in 6-8 weeks. ordered 1st april.

Was being told 8-10 weeks also by stockport; where as other dealers were telling me 12-16 weeks so expected some slippage on stockports estimate.
Yes, mine is Stockport too. Disappointing.

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
Received from the dealer today:

Your vehicle is now built and in transit to the port in Germany where it will be shipped to the UK. It should be arriving in the next 3-6 weeks. We are experiencing unprecedented delays due to semi-conductor shortages and also other components and parts.

A bit disappointed to be honest given that I was quoted 8-10 weeks for delivery in week 8, we're now week 21 and it's still potentially another 6 weeks away from even landing in the dealership. I know they stated it's all subject to change etc. when ordering, however can't help feel that they probably knew it had no chance of arriving in that time, yet just gave those numbers to sell carsYes, mine is Stockport too. Disappointing. Yes, mine is Stockport too. Disappointing.
3 months is the normal timescales for a factory order car so i wouldn’t be too disappointed with it being delayed a week or two. Especially with the industry wide issues of wiring and chip shortages.

if your car is built, i expect you be able to pick it up in 3-4 weeks.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I'm disappointed with the dealership for giving out completely unrealistic timescales at the beginning, not the actual time taken itself, which I agree is about right. Especially as it seems they're still spouting off the same estimates to new customers, despite current orders clearly taking longer based on feedback on here... Seems very much to me like they're estimating 8-10 week to seem quicker than others, with no capability to meet that.

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
I'm disappointed with the dealership for giving out completely unrealistic timescales at the beginning, not the actual time taken itself, which I agree is about right. Especially as it seems they're still spouting off the same estimates to new customers, despite current orders clearly taking longer based on feedback on here... Seems very much to me like they're estimating 8-10 week to seem quicker than others, with no capability to meet that.
A dealership that is still talking about delivery times as in 2019 is just an ignorant dealership. At the moment I've ordered my Leon, my dealership was already talking about a delivery time of 9 months. Halfway Ukraine and Russia were starting their war, so the 9 months are not possible anymore, but instead of being realistic and tell me it will be 12 months, they're just keep saying it will be 10 months max. So I have asked them to have meeting with me to talk about possible discounts, extra accessories or a cancel when I do not have a production date half of june, because if they are sure it will be 10 months max, they have a production date half of june.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
We can't get enough of them. VZ1 DSG. We have received 30 of them for the fleet as we can't get any compact estates to replace the Corolla and Kia C'eed estates!

Very cheap and immediate delivery from our end.

We've already had a few breakdowns in the Seats. Beware of clutches!
f5ca2077fa50e7a53dd973abf8e43c12.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Looks like mine is nearing being available, just had a registration number etc. sent through to me.
Also one to note for those who are leasing, VED went up in April so I have been charged another £60 for that on the first payment. It's no big deal of course, just another 60 to the ******* government.

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
V2 190 - Pan roof - Beats Audio - Asphalt Blue
been advised that my car is at the UK port awaiting transport to the Dealership I'm think by 1st July I should have it ?

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
V2 190 - Pan roof - Beats Audio - Asphalt Blue
been advised that my car is at the UK port awaiting transport to the Dealership I'm think by 1st July I should have it ?
Dealership told me that once at the port it should be with them "within 10 days". So hopefully it should be, I guess it depends on how long it takes them to PDI it and arrange delivery.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
its been about 10 days already so fingers crossed
They also told me originally it would be 8-10 weeks from placing the order, and it's now currently 17 weeks, so take any time estimates with a pinch of salt.

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
Getting messed around by stockport Cupra.

The corporate sales guy who took my order has left and my car order appears to be in limbo. Previously been told i was a confirmed BW22, and today get the message "The factory has accepted the order and your vehicle has a confirmed production date. It should be arriving in the next 6-8 weeks. "

Which leads me to believe they were telling me porkies about the build week 22!

So annoying!

Originally ordered 29th March....and then had to resign a new order form on the 20th April ( i think they f***ked up the order).

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Been told today that mine is built and waiting to be shipped. Should be here before end of month.

Jun 15, 2022
Hi, I'm new here. Other than speaking to the dealer, is there a way I can track the build of my car online?

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
Getting messed around by stockport Cupra.

The corporate sales guy who took my order has left and my car order appears to be in limbo. Previously been told i was a confirmed BW22, and today get the message "The factory has accepted the order and your vehicle has a confirmed production date. It should be arriving in the next 6-8 weeks. "

Which leads me to believe they were telling me porkies about the build week 22!

So annoying!

Originally ordered 29th March....and then had to resign a new order form on the 20th April ( i think they f***ked up the order).
Got a better Update today from the dealer. BW slipped to 23...but Car has a chassis number and now waiting to be released by the factory. Once this happens, they are estimating 3-4 weeks for it to get to them.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Had an email earlier, apparently my car is due to arrive into their (Stockport) compound today, so will be ready after cleaning, PDI etc. They were trying to get me to go and collect it as they are short of drivers this week, however I've just said if they can offer any incentive for me doing that (fill it up with fuel etc.) then I will do, otherwise I'll just wait for them to deliver it to my house next week, as it'll need me to get a lift to Stockport otherwise which is an hour each way for someone to take me, plus their fuel/time etc. So if they're not going to offer anything up for that inconvenience then I'm happy to wait. Waited 18 weeks already, so another isn't a big deal.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members