Cupra Formentor Hybrid battery defect

Sep 29, 2021
Hi all,

Ive had my car a month and already had a few issues, the main one being a warning message that popped up along the lines of

“drivetrain error, take to workshop”
It turns out after connecting the car that the battery isn’t advising how much charge the car is holding and the temperature of the battery which is obviously safety critical. After owning it for 6 weeks it’s now been sat at Perry’s Bolton for 7 days whilst they try to move it to Crewe for further testing.

The infotainment is awfully slow.
Has anyone had or heard of this issue and / or the battery changed?

kind regards

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
I can’t advise specifically about the hybrid model, but my VZ2 had an intermittent “drive error: contact workshop” fault that also prevented the vehicle from starting. After two recoveries and a lot of back and forth with the dealer they finally replaced the BCM (Body Control Module) and that seems to have permanently fixed the fault.

Might be worth at least suggesting to the dealer as a starter to look at?

Mar 5, 2022
Hi all,

Ive had my car a month and already had a few issues, the main one being a warning message that popped up along the lines of

“drivetrain error, take to workshop”
It turns out after connecting the car that the battery isn’t advising how much charge the car is holding and the temperature of the battery which is obviously safety critical. After owning it for 6 weeks it’s now been sat at Perry’s Bolton for 7 days whilst they try to move it to Crewe for further testing.

The infotainment is awfully slow.
Has anyone had or heard of this issue and / or the battery changed?

kind regards
Got the same issue with mine today had it a week want it replaced Monday

Sep 29, 2021
Got the same issue with mine today had it a week want it replaced Monday
Mine ended up being in the garage for 7 weeks. Got offered the opportunity to terminate the agreement which I took. Won’t be ordering one again!!
Hope you sort yours out mate

Mar 5, 2022
they changed the gearbox and electric motor on my Formentor
You are lucky I spoke the dealer in East Grinstead who sold me the car and they have said they can't help as they don't have an EV tec to look at the car and anyhow they are busy
And been fobbed off
I very told them if the car isn't sorted in the wee,
saturday/ Sunday the car will be parked blocking the entrance and exit to the showroom

An attitude you would expect from a 2nd hand dealer of the 80s

AndyRBL

May 14, 2020
You are lucky I spoke the dealer in East Grinstead who sold me the car and they have said they can't help as they don't have an EV tec to look at the car and anyhow they are busy
And been fobbed off
I very told them if the car isn't sorted in the wee,
saturday/ Sunday the car will be parked blocking the entrance and exit to the showroom

An attitude you would expect from a 2nd hand dealer of the 80s
Not quite lucky. They are the biggest VW dealer here. They didn’t want to investigate the problems but I threatened to sue and made a complaint at our “consumer protection” department. Only then they started looking into it. So far: electric motor, gearbox, air conditioning unit, some cable and I’m waiting for a new infotainment system.
Very poorly built car. I regret buying it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise