Cupra formentor infotainment issues

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
Hi everyone

I took delivery of my formentor vz2 in petroleum blue a month ago. I have had about six or seven problems with the infotainment screen in that short time. Most of the problems are around changing users. This really seems to be the screens biggest problem. Sometimes it’s seem less but most of the time it’s takes ages. I have emailed the dealer today for the third time and the will be booked in next week hopefully. We have updated the car every time there has been an update available and even this has caused the system to crash. I am really falling out of love with it now. Everything is controlled by a system which is simply ****. I know new cars have teething problems but the car cost over 40k. This is not acceptable really.

Rant over lol. Has anyone had a similar issue. Has it been resolved by the dealer or is a case of waiting for more updates.
Thanks in advance for any reply’s.

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Hi everyone

I took delivery of my formentor vz2 in petroleum blue a month ago. I have had about six or seven problems with the infotainment screen in that short time. Most of the problems are around changing users. This really seems to be the screens biggest problem. Sometimes it’s seem less but most of the time it’s takes ages. I have emailed the dealer today for the third time and the will be booked in next week hopefully. We have updated the car every time there has been an update available and even this has caused the system to crash. I am really falling out of love with it now. Everything is controlled by a system which is simply ****. I know new cars have teething problems but the car cost over 40k. This is not acceptable really.

Rant over lol. Has anyone had a similar issue. Has it been resolved by the dealer or is a case of waiting for more updates.
Thanks in advance for any reply’s.
Suggest you check out this thread, there's an issue with the early VIN number cars and there's a specific update that only a Dealer can perform, which should (?) resolve your issues? Maybe worth sharing this with your Dealer when it goes in, to make sure they're aware and sort it?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
My VZ2 went in for an update which took 5hours at the dealers. Seems to have solved my issues.

My car did fall into the VIN number group as detailed in the post above this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcbmally

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
Suggest you check out this thread, there's an issue with the early VIN number cars and there's a specific update that only a Dealer can perform, which should (?) resolve your issues? Maybe worth sharing this with your Dealer when it goes in, to make sure they're aware and sort it?

Thank you so much. I will have had a good read. I don’t think my vin number falls in this bracket but I will mention this to the dealer anyway.

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
I think cupra has changed the infotainment quite a bit over the golfs. So I am not sure if they are having the same issues. Could be wrong but the golfs looks like something from a 20 year old mobile phone lol.

Reactions: Napmasterflash

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
I think cupra has changed the infotainment quite a bit over the golfs. So I am not sure if they are having the same issues. Could be wrong but the golfs looks like something from a 20 year old mobile phone lol.
At least a 20 year old mobile phone is proven technology that isn’t try to do too much for its operating system to handle.......

Jan8p

Mar 24, 2021
My car is going on next week for this dealer update, but ironically so far I've experienced no issues 😂

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Can you contain the posts to the main subject with System Errors? That's 3rd or 4th thread about Infotainment issues and all the info is already in here:

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
🤣 yes I can’t argue with that 👍
Fear not peeps, Cupra are working on an update:
0ebac48fd2daf5bf9d7883c388d5e725.jpg

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Haha. However, one of the big things preventing me from pulling the trigger on ordering mine now is the sheer amount of issues with this..
If it’s the kind of thing that would frustrate you then I’d suggest to wait a while until the operating system beds in and there’s a few weeks / months run of no issues (although newer build owners seem to have less issues perhaps?).
Very frustrating and not making me want to drive it much at the moment (not that there’s anywhere to go just now).
It is making me scour PistonHeads, eBay and Autotrader though.......

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021
Unfortunately I had a call yesterday from my dealer saying there is an issue with my infotainment screen and I haven’t even taken delivery of my new car!! Was meant to be collecting tomorrow but they are advising it needs a whole new screen/system but these are on back order so could be a while before I get the car now! If it’s a software issue, I might advise but does anyone know what version it should be now?

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
Mine has been into the garage now. With a few issues most around the infotainment screen. The screen itself is just a screen. The issue is with the software at least on my car anyway. The technician said to be there are having issues with the infotainment across all models. He has wiped my infotainment and re downloaded all of the settings etc. Didn’t make any difference lol. I am just collecting as many vids and photos as possible to take back to them. He said something about the car might need to be shipped back to the factory 🤨. I am getting to the point now where I am regretting buying the car. This is a very expensive car after all. The whole car revolves around a very defective infotainment screen. Not impressed cupra/seat. I have have Leon cupras and FR’s for years but now I am thinking of maybe changing brands. If it’s software then it can be sorted but cupra/seat don’t seem to be very proactive with the software updates. Sorry rant over. Apparently some of the earlier models needed a massive update from the garage but any new cars now will already have that update on them. It’s in a specific vin number range. If you go back on this thread it will be in there.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
For what it's worth, I have no issues with infotainment. Hopefully you can get yours resolved.

Reactions: IanH72
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members