Votes: 21 5.4%
  • CUPRA Formentor VZ5

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • CUPRA Formentor VZN

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
What I like about the metallic grey is you get a few different shades due to the weather, on a bright day it shines up quite bright but then when the clouds draw in or at night it looks darker

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just received a call that my car arrived late Friday, paperwork is being sorted out, hopefully have it by the end of this week

Reactions: Peyton

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
My partner needs a new car so I said she could have my 2019 Ibiza Xcelence Lux and ordered a Formentor VZ2. The 10 week wait is going to drag. I was told I could have a car in 3 weeks from stock but they weren’t the spec I wanted. Hopefully I will get a build date next week and will ask for the name of the ship it will be transported on to the UK once it has been assigned so I can track it.

Don't despair... same happened to me with 9 to 11 week wait and bite the bullet. Then, as days pass, confirmed build date is sooner than the one they told you on the ordering day. They Said me end of April and ended with a confirmed build date in this week (next week is on stealer....). Not bad going down from a 100 day wait to about 70 days.

What was excruciating is to wait for a full 9 month wait for a g'd**** Golf V GTI I ordered many moons ago... 70 days is easy peasy.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Paperwork has come through. I take delivery a week today! The countdown begins fellas.

You’ll love it

Infotainment system is a bit of a faf to set up. But worth taking the time to do it.

Virtual pedal is hit and miss but electric tailgate is great.

Keep an eye on nappa leather seats. My previous car had a lot harder leather and it didn’t mark. My Formentors nappa leather is lovely and soft but creases easily.

Picture shows how it looks after getting in and out of the car 3-4 times only
5b89604a74d0c08ffc7de5f9edfafd04.jpg

Ive been told a good leather feed often is the best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
You’ll love it

Infotainment system is a bit of a faf to set up. But worth taking the time to do it.

Virtual pedal is hit and miss but electric tailgate is great.

Keep an eye on nappa leather seats. My previous car had a lot harder leather and it didn’t mark. My Formentors nappa leather is lovely and soft but creases easily.

Picture shows how it looks after getting in and out of the car 3-4 times only
5b89604a74d0c08ffc7de5f9edfafd04.jpg

Ive been told a good leather feed often is the best bet.

Bet you have had one hell of a day. Are the keys hung up yet or are you still going? Whats your summary of the day as a hole then? Did you get to give it a good run out? Yeah infotainment is just one of them I guess, I hope I'm tech savvy enough to not have many issues with it.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I'm just trying to sort my insurance out. I've been given my reg but it isn't registering on the insurance company system. The registration number may have only been registered today, does anyone know roughly it might take to come up on the system as I can't proceed until it's identified?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Keys are put away till tomorrow. Only got 18 miles on the clock and 12 of those were on the car when I picked it up.

Run out with the missy’s planned for tomorrow so I’ll see how it handles a bit better then.

Cupra Connect App is pretty good as it details all your driving data and it says it i for a you if someone tries to access your car ie tries to nick it. Seemed pretty easy to set up too.

Insurance wise, I checked the day after I was given the Reg and my insurance company were able to quote me. I actually got £15 back as I had some mods on my Leon Cupra which I’m not transferring to the Formentor.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I'm just trying to sort my insurance out. I've been given my reg but it isn't registering on the insurance company system. The registration number may have only been registered today, does anyone know roughly it might take to come up on the system as I can't proceed until it's identified?
Ask the company to search for make and model and add number manually when they find it.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Cheers i will have another look today think the company is based all online but will see if there is a webchat etc. Done it through compare the market so I'm sure your quote is saved for a number of time anyway.

Is there still a running in period you have to do with new cars or has technology moved on a bit now where you don't really have to do that?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Manual suggest running in period of 1000 miles. Page 217.
Ah okay same as with my old vehicle, I feel like it wil be a bit harder to do with it A being an automatic and B knowing ive got them horses at disposal via my right foot. Any tips and advice on what to and what not to do for that first 1000 miles?

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
Cheers i will have another look today think the company is based all online but will see if there is a webchat etc. Done it through compare the market so I'm sure your quote is saved for a number of time anyway.

Is there still a running-in period you have to do with new cars or has technology moved on a bit now where you don't really have to do that?

Today, asking for a break-in period is almost senseless... think about it: Your engine, before being mated to a gearbox has been tested in the factory, the same happens for the gearbox. I don't know about other ancillary items like gearbox and such, but... for me, today a break-in period is more a time to get brakes bedded, tires without greasy slime on the surface and you get a grasp about how it feels and performs your new car.

The unique thing I've done on my 5 DSG gearboxes on different cars (DQ250, DQ200 and others)is to 'play' with the sequential shifter or the paddles just to get the different gears used and tested and move the engine RPMs (do NOT redline it... but play and use different RPMs on different gears).

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Today, asking for a break-in period is almost senseless... think about it: Your engine, before being mated to a gearbox has been tested in the factory, the same happens for the gearbox. I don't know about other ancillary items like gearbox and such, but... for me, today a break-in period is more a time to get brakes bedded, tires without greasy slime on the surface and you get a grasp about how it feels and performs your new car.

The unique thing I've done on my 5 DSG gearboxes on different cars (DQ250, DQ200 and others)is to 'play' with the sequential shifter or the paddles just to get the different gears used and tested and move the engine RPMs (do NOT redline it... but play and use different RPMs on different gears).
Thanks zephyr

MattyD803

Mar 2, 2021

Surely the engines and gearboxes are assembled, filled with fluids and bolted straight into the chassis on the production line? I can't imagine any engine or gearbox dynamic testing until the start button is hit for the first time to drive it out of the factory? Hence surely that first 1000 miles is still important?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Surely the engines and gearboxes are assembled, filled with fluids and bolted straight into the chassis on the production line? I can't imagine any engine or gearbox dynamic testing until the start button is hit for the first time to drive it out of the factory? Hence surely that first 1000 miles is still important?

To be fair there is some footage of engine testing at the Martorell factory whether that's for engines that are going to be put in cars I don't know, I don't know enough about the mechanics of a car

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I have ran mine in as per manual. I’m now at 1900 miles ans the car has definitely changed it’s character, I t’s quicker. ECU’s must have some setting that prevents the car being overloaded as the first week or so it was definitely slower and less responsive.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.