Cupra Formentor - V2 Spec

MDY933

Nov 2, 2021
Hi all!
I’ve recently ordered a V2 hybrid in magnetic tech grey - delivery date predicted end of March. What do you reckon the chances of that are?!?

Also, since I started looking at the car it seems like the spec has been changed a bit - e.g. the screen being reduced to 10”. Do you think some of the changes may be because of the chip shortage?
Can anyone that’s got a V2 comment on the spec - sufficient enough or would you have preferred the VZ2?

I’m hoping because it’s a hybrid and there’s no additional options that it doesn’t get delayed too much…fingers crossed! All feedback welcome….

Reactions: jcbmally

FormentorV2

Oct 19, 2021
Congratulations on the order!

I placed my order on a V2 1.5 with the Beats package a few weeks ago at Lakeside and was told beginning of March, but after reading everyone’s story on here, I highly doubt the date I was given, I’ve not even been given a confirmed build week yet.

I test drove the VZ2 with the 12” screen and my brother has the V2 Hybrid with the 10”, my honest opinion is that I really didn’t notice much or felt the smaller one was a lot smaller to the point that it’d be a disappointed having it, I wouldn’t worry too much about it mate.

MDY933

Nov 2, 2021
Congratulations on the order!

I placed my order on a V2 1.5 with the Beats package a few weeks ago at Lakeside and was told beginning of March, but after reading everyone’s story on here, I highly doubt the date I was given, I’ve not even been given a confirmed build week yet.

I test drove the VZ2 with the 12” screen and my brother has the V2 Hybrid with the 10”, my honest opinion is that I really didn’t notice much or felt the smaller one was a lot smaller to the point that it’d be a disappointed having it, I wouldn’t worry too much about it mate.
Ahh good to hear that - I also test drove a VZ2 and there were a couple of features that I also thought were on the V2 (like the blind spot in the lighting).

I’m hoping that they would have at least sorted out some of the issues they’re seeing on earlier models by the time we get our cars…fingers crossed!!

Reactions: FormentorV2

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
When did your brother get his car? The 10" screen in the Formentor has only been in production since week 40 (4th October) four weeks ago, so would be near impossible to have it built, shipped to the UK, registered and delivered within that timescale. Are you sure his a 10" screen or has he got a Leon?

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
Hi all!
I’ve recently ordered a V2 hybrid in magnetic tech grey - delivery date predicted end of March. What do you reckon the chances of that are?!?

Also, since I started looking at the car it seems like the spec has been changed a bit - e.g. the screen being reduced to 10”. Do you think some of the changes may be because of the chip shortage?
Can anyone that’s got a V2 comment on the spec - sufficient enough or would you have preferred the VZ2?

I’m hoping because it’s a hybrid and there’s no additional options that it doesn’t get delayed too much…fingers crossed! All feedback welcome….
There is a possibility you should have the car by the end of March. A few people are seeing a five month turnaround now.

As for the spec of the V2 and VZ2, with the exception of the engine, there is not a lot in it. There used to be practically no difference, but they have now reduced the screen size, replaced the black headlining with a grey one (unless you spec the pan roof), and made the electric tailgate an option, whereas it is standard on the VZ2. Other than that, they are much the same.

I ordered a V2 over the VZ2, as at the time the only difference was the electric/virtual tailgate, and having test driven a V1, the engine was more than enough for everyday use along with a decent saving in price, tax and fuel bills. Since ordering though, the headlining changed, although I was able to spec the electric tailgate as an option.

Reactions: jcbmally and MDY933

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I have a V2 and spec is great. I like the grey headlining as it matches the door pillars etc. It has the wraparound lighting, leather, parking assist, rear camera and much more. Had the electric tailgate on my last car and don’t miss it, like electric or manual tailgate. I had a VZ Edition and apart from blind spot detection, heated steering wheel and obviously the extra grunt, virtually same car.

MDY933

Nov 2, 2021
I have a V2 and spec is great. I like the grey headlining as it matches the door pillars etc. It has the wraparound lighting, leather, parking assist, rear camera and much more. Had the electric tailgate on my last car and don’t miss it, like electric or manual tailgate. I had a VZ Edition and apart from blind spot detection, heated steering wheel and obviously the extra grunt, virtually same car.
Sounds good! Does the V2 not come with a heated steering wheel then? That’s another one where I see a lot of differing opinions so I’ve not been 100% whether it does or not! Although that’s not really too important either way. What colour did you go for?

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
Sounds good! Does the V2 not come with a heated steering wheel then? That’s another one where I see a lot of differing opinions so I’ve not been 100% whether it does or not! Although that’s not really too important either way. What colour did you go for?
DSG models have a heated steering wheel as standard on the V2. Was told by my dealer that manual models don’t have a heated steering wheel.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
No heated steering wheel, MY21 did as standard but MY22 not unless DSG.

Kieran94

Sep 1, 2021
Hi guys, I have a V2 dsg on order. Sadly, I won’t be getting the electric tail gate or 12” screen. But I have a couple of questions regarding these.
1. can you open the boot fully with the key but have to close it by yourself?
2. does the 10/12” screen include the bezel or is the size just the actual light up screen itself?
Thanks!

Hizzards

Aug 19, 2021
Hi guys, I have a V2 dsg on order. Sadly, I won’t be getting the electric tail gate or 12” screen. But I have a couple of questions regarding these.
1. can you open the boot fully with the key but have to close it by yourself?
2. does the 10/12” screen include the bezel or is the size just the actual light up screen itself?
Thanks!

1. You can’t open fully with the key
2. The overall size is the same as the 12, but the bezel is thicker and the screen area smaller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rpcor2

Sep 20, 2021

Same thoughts...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.