Cupra headlight upgrade, what relay?

caddyrage

Nurburgringer!
Jun 26, 2008
Ellington, cambs
Hey folks

just fitted cupra headlights but dip goes off when full beam goes on

just done a search and found a post saying to wire up a separate loom and relay to keep the dipped on.

well i still have the cordoba cupra my lights came off here so was wondering what position on the fuse panel is the headlight relay
perhaps just swapping that will sort my lights out

cheers, lee

CIarkie

Jun 12, 2005
Basingstoke
I think mine does this as well. It switches over from dip to main. If i hold the stork just before the click i have both but once it clicks i lose dipped and go to main. Thought it was normal, cant really notice any change in brightness

caddyrage

Nurburgringer!
Jun 26, 2008
Ellington, cambs
I think mine does this as well. It switches over from dip to main. If i hold the stork just before the click i have both but once it clicks i lose dipped and go to main. Thought it was normal, cant really notice any change in brightness

Definately not normal bud as i tried a headlight back in the cordoba and they work fine.
The loom looks the same so i guessing theres something slightly different at the fuse panel.

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
have you tried swapping the main beam relay? just had a look in my handbook and it doesn't say which one, but I will check tonight in the workshop Manuel.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members