Cupra Jack Point Covers

Mrski1

May 12, 2008
Aberdeen
How on earth do they go back on? :confused:

Took them off no bother, nothing looks broken but they seem to refuse to go back on, anyone suggest a good technique?:whistle:

Mrski1

May 12, 2008
Aberdeen
Hmm, tried the top first and gave it a smack, will try putting the bottom part in first, then hit it with a big sodding hammer :shrug:

pete147

Feb 17, 2008
i had trouble with this for ages then i put abit of vasaline on the lugs and they popped in really easy

gsk82

i resorted to super glue on 2 of mine after the plastic triangular bit wore out. just gotta hope my front offside or rear near side dont ever cause problems

smivvy

Seat Leon Cupra
Apr 21, 2008
Northants
On this topic I had my OSF one attacking my side door an the A14 this morning at 90mph. It was quite early and nearly gave me a bludy heart attack.
I now have a very scuffed jacking point cover :(

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
the jacking point covers are a ******* nightmare.
i left mine slightly loose until i took it in for a service :redface:

i had to take my rear tow hook cover off yesterday as i gave a mate a tow. talk about brute force..
haven't put it back on yet as it's dark/raining. here's to hoping it's easier to put on than the jack point covers.. :(

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
If theyre loose they can scrape on the floor... then they will become a mess.

Ok...

Fit the bottom hook in... then the top.

Leave the shorter ends for last... pull out and in/up so that they catch ... its just a specific action .... not much to do with force...

Sheet... cant seem to explain here...

Once i get the car back, i will try and demonstrate...

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
2 of my jackup covers are stuck on with duck tape, as i just got sick and tired of them falling off all the time. I am quite tempted to do away with them all together and fill the gaps up with fibreglass and spray it the colour of my car, as they are never used.
:D

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
I hate these covers. I had to whack them so hard to get them on I thought I was going to
Rip the side skirt off

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise