Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
DCC is no longer standard across the range and there is no sound upgrade (not even the beats audio). Very disappointing.

The extra 10bhp has certainly improved the official 0-62 the MY19 was quoted as 6 secs 😄

Reactions: C_ED_99

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I mean it’s not bad, but for a stand alone marque it is no different to the Seat Leon FR

More power but questionable styling, the FR Sport is a much better looking car and even then it’s no looker.

Jon89

Sep 27, 2020
Kent
So does everyone agree the top spec wheels are horrible and we should have had the other multi-spoke full alloy ones (link in original article)?

Yeah I fully agree, I was hoping the multi-spoke alloys were going to be used on the higher trim. They've even got them in a picture (albeit computer generated) on a car with a British plate on the Leon page of the UK website! I was going to get the VZ3 but those wheels are a deal breaker for me.

• Sad
Reactions: lofer and Syphon

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
They have blown it for me. There will be no return, not enough choice on what I want without being forced to the top spec which is too much money and has absolutely awful wheels. The whole point with the Mk 3 was it was 5k cheaper than a similar spec'd Golf, and IMHO looked better and was better to drive. It has taken so long to get the CUPRA Leon out they'd released completely new Cupra cars in the meantime.

In summary:
Not enough colour selection, not enough equipment selection and too much money plus questionable styling changes. Big mistake I think, these will be rare on the roads and won't sell anything like the Mk3.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
They have blown it for me. There will be no return, not enough choice on what I want without being forced to the top spec which is too much money and has absolutely awful wheels. The whole point with the Mk 3 was it was 5k cheaper than a similar spec'd Golf, and IMHO looked better and was better to drive. It has taken so long to get the CUPRA Leon out they'd released completely new Cupra cars in the meantime.

In summary:
Not enough colour selection, not enough equipment selection and too much money plus questionable styling changes. Big mistake I think, these will be rare on the roads and won't sell anything like the Mk3.
And because they will of cocked it up that much they will probs pull the plug and not make a mk5 cupra leon.

They might even go the same as the Cupra Formentor and release a 1.5 TSI Cupra Leon to shift some. That would also be another own goal. Could see a few younger buyers going for a 1.5 TSI lawnmower edition.

Reactions: Cuprabenwytm

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
These are the wheels and brakes we should have had
brembo-brakes.jpg

Oh and look Spain also get a nice rear spoiler

copper-spoiler.jpg

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Hmm think I'll make the effort to look further at the vRS, don't think I'd be happy paying so much more to upgrade, left it a bit late now tho as I've just over a month to go till mine goes back, fun whilst it lasted 🤣

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
and Seat have messed up the Leon FR too by limiting it to a 1.5 engine - the 1.8 (180) or 2.0 (190) engines and I might consider a std Leon as a daily again but not with that 1.5 under the hood.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
and Seat have messed up the Leon FR too by limiting it to a 1.5 engine - the 1.8 (180) or 2.0 (190) engines and I might consider a std Leon as a daily again but not with that 1.5 under the hood.
Never buy a 1.5 TSI kangaroo

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Its a no from me, I'm not in the market for another 2.0 car anyway but if I was I'd get the Formentor to be honest. Real shame the 2.5T version is going to be LHD but in reality the price point that is at, I very much doubt they would of sold many here, reckon a good 80% of them will be sold in Germany.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
It's a no from me too. Echo others, wheels awful, colours boring, no more performance than a Mk3. I'll keep mine a bit longer and would be looking at i30N or Civic R if I decide to change

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members