Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Great review as always, no bias here but I'm pretty sure the Estate is better than the Hatch this time around haha did I mention it's got the profile button on the steering wheel?

The launch video doesn't do it justice as it sounded great from where I was standing!

The MK4 shape is definitely growing on me for sure!

Cheers

Reactions: jcbmally and Syphon

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Don't like the estate's back end but the exhausts sound better on the estate. :)
The Hatch didn't feel much slower than the Estate, I wonder how close it would be in a launch in an ideal scenario.

I do agree with the above about the rear end of the Estate it's my least favourite section for sure.

Reactions: jcbmally and Syphon

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I hear you, but adamant I’ll not have another black car, to much upkeep for me ;)

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Untill you get a stone chip, black touches in better and does not show up tar spots either.
I hear you, but adamant I’ll not have another black car, to much upkeep for me ;)

l’ve owned five black cars in at various times since a started driving back in the 1970’s. Blank does look great when clean but it‘s a labour of love to keep it looking that way. Agree that stone chips are relatively easy to repair but black paint does show swirl marks, which will happen eventually even if a safe wash technique is used (I always use a safe wash technique).

Being retired, I‘m fortunate enough to have plenty of time to spend cleaning my car. Even so, I don’t think I’d have another black car - I’m all for an easy life these days so I have a white car which is also an easy colour to DIY repair stone chips. Admittedly white does show tar spots, but they’re easily removed with an appropriate tar removal product (I’ve heard that WD40 is also good for tar spot removal) and white doesn’t show swirl marks like black does.

@jcbmally - I do agree on the colour of the car in the review; that red is a gorgeous colour 😎😍.

Reactions: jcbmally

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
The 3rd black car I have owned (2 other non Seat models), had no choice on colour it was this one available at port or wait 12 months for my colour choice. All sparkle well in the sun, Honda had multicoloured sparkles. Car had GardX applied before delivery as part of delivery package and I'm definitely washing it less than the magnetic grey MK3.5 I owned. Hate to think what's in those rain drops though o_O.

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
The 3rd black car I have owned (2 other non Seat models), had no choice on colour it was this one available at port or wait 12 months for my colour choice. All sparkle well in the sun, Honda had multicoloured sparkles. Car had GardX applied before delivery as part of delivery package and I'm definitely washing it less than the magnetic grey MK3.5 I owned. Hate to think what's in those rain drops though o_O.
Collected my desire red 245 VZ2 yesterday and I’m so pleased to have the red back. I’ve really tried to like the urban silver, but in the end have had to cave. Probably one of the last desire red ones and I’ve kept my copper wheels, I really don’t like the standard wheels.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.