Cupra R ABT issues

Jul 1, 2020
Hi Guys,

I’ve just bought a brand new, white Leon Cupra R ST and had the ABT pack installed at the dealer prior to delivery.

I got an absolute bargain for the cash price of £25,728 on the road which I’ve funded through a personal loan. If you’re wondering how so cheap I used Motorfinity who are a broker because I work for the NHS.

Everywhere else was asking over 30k for one brand new and the cheapest I saw online for a second hand one was 29k so I’m well chuffed!

350bhp with 4WD for just less than what I paid for a pre registered i30N Performance!

Ps the bloke at Hatfield Seat (supplying dealer) said there were only 172 of the Leon Cupra R ST’s supplied to the UK in total (straight from the horses mouth so to speak).

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi Guys,

I’ve just bought a brand new, white Leon Cupra R ST and had the ABT pack installed at the dealer prior to delivery.

I got an absolute bargain for the cash price of £25,728 on the road which I’ve funded through a personal loan. If you’re wondering how so cheap I used Motorfinity who are a broker because I work for the NHS.

Everywhere else was asking over 30k for one brand new and the cheapest I saw online for a second hand one was 29k so I’m well chuffed!

350bhp with 4WD for just less than what I paid for a pre registered i30N Performance!

Ps the bloke at Hatfield Seat (supplying dealer) said there were only 172 of the Leon Cupra R ST’s supplied to the UK in total (straight from the horses mouth so to speak).
Seat said it was going to be limited to just 150 in the UK. If anything I'd of expected it to be less not more....

Either way its a special car congrats. Best colour too ;)

Peter Puttock

Mar 9, 2020
You got a real bargain! I thought I did well at £31.5k! As Damo H says, "if you are pleased with the car, then other things aren't important.
I have carefully run the engine in for 4,000 miles.... the mpg is improving, which indicates to me that the engine 9and other bits) are loosening up. I also feel that the engine is producing more power. I know engines come pre-run in nowadays, but I still believe in letting them bed in over a longer period of time.
Anyway, I am still over the moon with mine... I have had 4 Porsche 911's and this is quicker than any of them! (And it wont try to kill my like my last one did.)
The other thing I like is that the Cupra R ST is a bit of an unsung hero.... nobody quite realises what it is. It gets more attention than anything else I have driven (except, maybe, a Golf VR6 that I had, just after they were launched - I had one of the first in the UK.)
So, enjoy! I will keep mine for a few years..... why? ...... Because there aren't many vehicles that do all the things the ST does at a sensible price.

Philip Santi

Sep 28, 2019
Great bargain! I did quite well on my pre-registered R ST, in the sense that eventually I got much more part-ex for my old car than I'd been quoted by a couple of dealers (that includes the dealer that I eventually bought the car from) - great car as well!

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Does an ABT car still only read 221KW on the 'power meter'.
I expect it does as both my non-ABT R and a friends 300 record the same on a 3rd gear pull.
Therefore I'm assuming it's just a basic look-up table of rpm vs throttle = displayed power. Rather than a calculated figure based on achieved torque (torque based ECU calibration).
The ABT piggy back would not change the Kw reading because the stock ECU is being fooled into thinking its running stock.

Likewise a tuned car may still only read 221KW if this 'power meter' is just a basic implementation not related to actual engine parameters/readings.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Yeah it does still only go up to 221kw

Revo have reconfigured the gauges to match increased engine output on there tune, don’t know about anyone else

Reactions: Scott.T
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.