Cupra R Bumper Inserts

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Right OK sorry lads, I was cold and wet and tired and feeling a little dramatic. Bit of coffee, new attitude and I went back out there.

It IS a very easy job as long as you go out there with the attitude of 'just pull at the bloody thing like you don't care if it breaks'.

If you do that the original inserts will come out with lots of persuasion and worrying noises but within a few short minutes.

the rest of the process is easy peasy, two screws for the fogs, cable tie the unused fog plugs, push the new inserts in, done...

faeGTA4.jpg

2t6TV66.jpg

sJ9YeZc.jpg

4W2Nhqd.jpg

seIluxB.jpg

gnYKiUU.jpg

Pretty happy with how it looks.
Now this is how the car should have looked straight from the factory! Awesome looking example.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Glennc91

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Now this is how the car should have looked straight from the factory! Awesome looking example.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

thanks dude, I have actually done quite a lot to it but they are all subtle mods. I keep getting restless with it and wanting to do more but i think I have to stop now and just keep her nice and clean!

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
So you didn't remove the bumper? As that has scary moments where you think it will break.
nope, just turned the wheels to full lock, three screws out of the mud guard in the arch. that then moves just enough for you to try and manipulate the clips holding the original grills in place while yanking furiously from the front.

Reactions: Axu

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
af49136551cdb376c86f07a949c64242.jpg
be80cf85907a0f3d7a79bde4e070c630.jpg

Sorry for the slow reply folks, the only pictures I have with them on weirdly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zer0

mm46

Mar 23, 2017
I was planning on paint/wrap copper pieces in white but I changed my mind after fitting and will instead be replacing chrome badge with the copper one :)

IMG_2559.jpg IMG_2563.jpg IMG_2577.jpg

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

mm46

Mar 23, 2017
I paid just under 200eur, ordered on seat-leon.de shop, but they have it available only occasionally

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I'm trying to find the part number for these in the pic below. They come with the special edition Cupras not available in the UK. It looks like they just fit onto the existing cupra fog surround.
Does anyone have a part number?
leon-cupra-2020-edicion-especial-entrega-inmediata-D_NQ_NP_715620-MLM40657386159_022020-F.jpg

Reactions: Norbert

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Afraid not, never seen that version. The full R version looks a lot better though without the fog light.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Afraid not, never seen that version. The full R version looks a lot better though without the fog light.
I agree, however for me its more the other side with the cut out on the trim. However the wider bit may work well with the R grills.

upload_2020-6-4_13-10-26.png

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I like the version with the fogs. I've seen it in a video where you get to see it from all angles and I want the add on bits. They look better on the dark coloured cars. Every man and his dog has the Cupra R grills now too as they are relatively cheap and easy to get hold of. As people keep saying, if everyone liked the same thing the world would be a very boring place.

Reactions: Damo H and Zer0

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I like the version with the fogs. I've seen it in a video where you get to see it from all angles and I want the add on bits. They look better on the dark coloured cars. Every man and his dog has the Cupra R grills now too as they are relatively cheap and easy to get hold of. As people keep saying, if everyone likes the same thing the world would be a very boring place.

Fair enough :)

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
This photo shows the cut out better (or if you prefer worse):

maxresdefault.jpg
At least you have a fairly unique car and don't have the copper details everyone now has. I used to like the copper detail on my car but now even FRs have copied the badges.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I might just have to buy the ones available in the UK and try and mod them to use the fogs like in an earlier post.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.