Cupra R Bumper Inserts

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So currently the R Grills are all black, but I'd wrapped my 'flicks' in 3m 1080 Matt Metallic Grey:

index.php

The replacement grills have been painted fully body colour, so they'll look like this:

index.php

But I'm contemplating wrapping the flicks in matt black to create this effect:

index.php

Last edited:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
So currently the R Grills are all black, but I'd wrapped my 'flicks' in 3m 1080 Matt Metallic Grey:

index.php

The replacement grills have been painted fully body colour, so it they look like this:

index.php

But I'm contemplating wrapping the flicks in matt black to create this effect:

index.php
I like both styles.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Finally got them fitted. Excuse the rust and condition of the wheels. Haven't used the car in 4 months due to being out of the country.

IMG_20200704_120631-01.jpeg

IMG_20200705_120143.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zer0

DGF264

Jul 15, 2010
County Durham
Hey guys!
So I’ve purchased these & they are currently in the bodyshop having the ‘blades’ painted mystery blue (same as the car)
Now I’ve read through everyone’s comments, but can someone do a mini ‘how toguide? (No liability on them lol... just so it’s all in one place if that makes sense)
So, step 1 turn wheels, step 2 remove arch guards etc etc.
I obviously don’t want to damage anything, and just want peoples actual experiences that have fitted these!

Thanks in advance!
Darren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DGF264

Jul 15, 2010
County Durham
Can anyone help? or fire me your number if you don’t mind so when I’m fitting them (next week I think it’ll be) I can maybe ring someone just to talk me through fitting them I really don’t want to mess anything up lol...

Cheers!

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Can anyone help? or fire me your number if you don’t mind so when I’m fitting them (next week I think it’ll be) I can maybe ring someone just to talk me through fitting them I really don’t want to mess anything up lol...

Cheers!

There's more than enough information in this thread. You shouldn't need anything else.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

Cheers!

I took the full bumper off to do mine.

Others have just taken the arch liner out (as you describe turning the wheels and doing 1 side a t a time) and pushed and pulled from each side. However that way you can;t reach the top tabs as the fogs are in the way

Finally one person I know just ripped the originals out without doing anything.

This is the guide on the bumper, not a pleasant job the first time you do it...

DGF264

Jul 15, 2010
County Durham
Thanks @Damo H for that...
I’ve had the bumper off on my old 280 fitting an intercooler, I’d rather not do that again lol...

I’ll try the wheel arch method first I think
Failing that, rip it all out and bond the new inserts in if I break anything haha

Thank you!

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Thanks @Damo H for that...
I’ve had the bumper off on my old 280 fitting an intercooler, I’d rather not do that again lol...

I’ll try the wheel arch method first I think
Failing that, rip it all out and bond the new inserts in if I break anything haha

Thank you!

You won't break anything on the bumper. The clips on the fog inserts will be the only thing to break if you don't free the clips. I was careful with the first one and it took me quite a while to get out and I broke 1 clip. The 2nd one I literally just brute forced out and did zero damage.

Reactions: DGF264
Aug 17, 2020
Hi guys,
when doing the grills did you disconnect the fog lights (did this leave an error on dash?) or leave them connected and manage to cable tie them out of sight ?

Novus

Cupra 300 ST 4drive with Cupra R package
Jun 28, 2020
I fit it with fog lights. You have do a "little" cut with dremel ?
fb_img_1604382618978-jpg.19583

FB_IMG_1604382614406.jpg

FB_IMG_1604382634951.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1604382618978.jpg
    FB_IMG_1604382618978.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 3,189
Reactions: RoadRunnerRik
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise