Cupra TDI almost complete

Oct 12, 2005
Over the past 3 months I have had custom code phase 1, Full Milltek non res system and sachs clutch. The car has been rrd at 193bhp before the milltek. On thursday its booked in for custom code phase 2. This full custom map will take into account all the mods. I cant wait. Its takes 2 days to do but will be well worth it. I am also getting cruise control fitted. The car will be also be rrd once the new map has been put on. I just cant wait:funk:

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Good good... post the RR graph on here. Should be pushing 205-215 ish. I should get mine done again.

You'll be wanting a hybrid next ;)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
gonna need some major money to beat me in a diesel :wave:
devonmikeyboy has his audi diesel pushing 340bhp iirc!!!!

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Good good... post the RR graph on here. Should be pushing 205-215 ish. I should get mine done again.

You'll be wanting a hybrid next ;)
Peak power will be more like 195-200bhp. As usual it all comes down to what dyno you run it on.

gonna need some major money to beat me in a diesel :wave:
devonmikeyboy has his audi diesel pushing 340bhp iirc!!!!

Only peaked at 327bhp at the moment due to clutch slip so running a safe 300bhp on daily drive. When i get my stronger clutch and bigger turbo fitted later this year then it will become more interesting.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
my clutch is slipping like a biach at the mo so im having to get bigger clutch too! what power you looking for with bigger turbo?

3oobhp is that it :rolleyes:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Also 300bhp in a diesel is a little bit different to 300bhp in a petrol. Would'nt be so confident Rash if i was you. Torque will always be the winner.

I never forget Impreza Type-r STi and me in my Tdi, sitting at 60 and planting it, everytime left the scooby for dead.

Plus its an Audi A3 S-line, know which one i would rather have...lol

Oct 12, 2005
Rash`s car is awesome. I would prefere a 330bhp petrol turbo to a 300bhp diesel anyday and I have a diesel.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
Also 300bhp in a diesel is a little bit different to 300bhp in a petrol. Would'nt be so confident Rash if i was you. Torque will always be the winner.

I never forget Impreza Type-r STi and me in my Tdi, sitting at 60 and planting it, everytime left the scooby for dead.

Plus its an Audi A3 S-line, know which one i would rather have...lol

are you blind or did you not read what i put above your post :think:

even if it is faster id still prefer my petrol :bleh:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Torque will always be the winner.

HHHHHHMMMMMM, so many people on here rave on about how the tdi's make 300 torque and how amazing it is to have and use

well RASH has loads of tourqe and he can rev past 4k

In short most diesels are indeed all torque, I drive one everyday for work (Astra cdti150) and My fr20vt 150 is like a breath of fresh air when I drive it at the weekends and just as quick IMO

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
yeah and the diesel is cheaper to run and better for the atmosphere and prob cheaper on the tax... why have all that speed if u keep gettin stuck behind old grannies that cant drive anyway?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Over the past 3 months I have had custom code phase 1, Full Milltek non res system and sachs clutch. The car has been rrd at 193bhp before the milltek. On thursday its booked in for custom code phase 2. This full custom map will take into account all the mods. I cant wait. Its takes 2 days to do but will be well worth it. I am also getting cruise control fitted. The car will be also be rrd once the new map has been put on. I just cant wait:funk:

A modders car is never complete.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
has this argument not occured numerous times on the boards

you have to look at it this way, a diesel and a petrol are designed for different circumstances. diesel is lower revs more torque and economy, where petrol revs higher power bhp and less torque

if i could afford to run a petrol realistically then i would but my next car will be diesel, i have running costs to take into account and the diesel wins hands down in that catagory

having said that if money was not a concern i would be having petrol as my next car

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Yes but Mikey's Audi is running 425+ lb/ft

I was referring to the (just got a remap on my pd130 and I have so much torque that when I tickle the gas at 1900 revs the world moves backwords) people :happy:

you know the sort that had no idea what torque was until they were pi$$ed off one day and decided to read the spec list of the pd130 and realised that the car they own has more of it than the guy next door :happy:

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
Not all Torque

I'm a car fanatic and have allways known what torque meant. Torque is what matters in real world driving FACT! not how much Big Head Power youve got lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.