Cupra TDI brakes on to a new Audi A3 Quattro

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
the caliper and hub part nums are the same basically the same between the 2 applications (guessing the audi has 288mm discs) only the application codes are dissimilar ( ie 6qo for the ibiza and 1ko for the audi )

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Thanks mate just remember that i was looking at getting a Brembo 323mm kit of ebay but it said that it fitted the new 05 golf mk5 and audi but not the older golf mark4 and audi. Would be handy if they did fit as both the golf and audio had what looked liked 288mm brakes. :confused:

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
thatll be because the new chasis uses 112mm PCD on the alloys n so brake discs(mounting holes) ur APs should bolt on but youll need "new age" 312mm discs 112mm PCD

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Do you agree with stoneyford then bill that the calipers will fit ? What brake setup would you recommend if i went for a whole new setup ? Always quite like the sound of a Hispec 6 pot setup. :)

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
devonmikeyboy said:
Am i right in thinking that the brakes off my cupra tdi will not fit a new Audi A3 2.0 tdi quattro ?

Not sure why you'd want to fit them anyway? All the A3 Quattro's apart from the 3.2 have the same size brakes as the Cupra at the front.

Standard setup on mine is 312mm vented front and 310mm solid rear.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
stoneyfordNI said:
n next on bills shopping list is some subtlety

LOL... nope.. not when G88's are mentioned..
my ibiza came with these fitted as part of the "210" kit... and within the first 1K miles of running in the EBC green shite pads had worn away and the G88's had cracks eminating from the base of most grooves. (sharp edge machining increased stress raisers hence cracking)

More than a few folks have also experienced the same.. so in my book one to avoid. (EBC and Tarox G88)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
devonmikeyboy said:
Do you agree with stoneyford then bill that the calipers will fit ? What brake setup would you recommend if i went for a whole new setup ? Always quite like the sound of a Hispec 6 pot setup. :)

If 312mm then the diameters ok, but without seeing and measuring the hub I could'nt say offset or lug mounts are going to be the same.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.