Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
one thing I don't understand, i have wheel hops when pulling away in a straight line, but now wheel hop when turning out at a junction and flooring it. Is that something to do with a Cupra diff?
Wheel hop is a form of resonance, when the frequency of grip loss and recovery (drivedrain and suspension elasticity) coincides with the rocking frequency of the engine in its mounts. When you have quite some front wheel angle, you change the equation, with each front wheel rolling on a different arc with different speed and different forces they are also less likely to want to 'grip, grip-not' in sync, effectively killing the hop.

Something like that, I suppose.

Reactions: silles

Max M4X WW

Jan 20, 2015
Nr. Guildford
Bit of a bump and there is probably a newer thread, but what is the go-to mount now there are loads of different colour Powerflex options and the hybrid?

My car is a 2018 1.8 TSi Manual.

Thanks

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Bit of a bump and there is probably a newer thread, but what is the go-to mount now there are loads of different colour Powerflex options and the hybrid?

My car is a 2018 1.8 TSi Manual.

Thanks
The hybrid is the best.
Mines being fitted next week!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Giuseppe Busso

Ioannis
Jan 29, 2021
Greece
Hello guys. I'm interested in to buy Powerflex mount insert for my manual 1.8 stage1 mk3.5 Leon.

Yellow PFF85-832,
Purple PFF85-832P,
or Hybrid PFF85-833?

What do you recommend?

Giuseppe Busso

Ioannis
Jan 29, 2021
Greece

Finally installed a powerflex mount insert. The proper code for my car (version2) was the Purple PFF85-832P.
I chose purple and the car has a fantastic racing feel. The gear changings, especially the downshifting, is awesome.
Better braking, turning also. The negatives are well known. The vibrations under some conditions, for me is so addictive!
Couldn't believe how a product of 50 euros can change a car!

Reactions: SuperV8

Greydar

Jan 1, 2017
North Somerset UK
So glad I found this thread. My 290 has been a joy. But time passes and tyres wear out so new Pirelli's all round (local company were doing a deal)
Boing boing thump bang WTF????? The explanations about what is going on have been so useful so thank you all.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.