Cupra Wheels fit on my FR?

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Hi, Looking at putting a set of Cupra 19" wheels on my MK3 FR. Do they fit fine and has anybody else done this?

Many Thanks

The FR 184 DSG diesel I test drove at the dealership had the 19" Cupra alloys fitted. They were surplus in stock apparently, so they had them fitted to the demo SC FR? Any ways the only issues with them on the test drive is the more you feel the bumps. Happy with the performance 18" alloys.

joedunning7

Jun 1, 2016
I have been looking into this and really want to get Cupra wheels on my FR 184. SEAT don't seem to sell new Cupra wheels. Does anybody have any ideas on how to get hold of some?

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
I have been looking into this and really want to get Cupra wheels on my FR 184. SEAT don't seem to sell new Cupra wheels. Does anybody have any ideas on how to get hold of some?

Try contacting your local dealerships. They might have lying around due to customer upgrades. I think this is why that car I text drove had them on as they had them sat around doing nothing. Worth a shot.

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Do the 19" Cupra wheels not stick out from a FR's body a bit, that is why the Cupra has those little plastic fins on each wheel arch to make it legal and pass an mot.

Don't think they do. As the ones fitted to a standard mk3 FR 184 TDI I test drove with them fitted didn't stick out. I take it the CUPRA has a wider track than the standard FR LEON thats why the extra bits?

Apr 4, 2020
Yes they do fit perfectly fine, yes you do feel the bumps and potholes more but that's the joy of having a high end sports car you feel them more in a Cupra then you do in a FR only down to the Cupra having harder suspension as for the FR having soft, if you find the right deal on ebay or groups on Facebook you can get a set for around the 600 mark but they do go for higher (£1k+) they do them in most dealership too, brand new are £1950 at the dealership to go too

Lucky for me i got mine off a mate that has a Stage 3 470 Cupra, he was only selling due to getting new ones, i payed £400 for the set without tyres, all 4 in perfect condition and they now have 4 brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4s on.

They don't stick out anymore then any other size alloys you have on but that was my question before i got mine as i wasn't sure either

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200404_050921.jpg
    Screenshot_20200404_050921.jpg
    786.9 KB · Views: 314

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
Yes they do fit perfectly fine, yes you do feel the bumps and potholes more but that's the joy of having a high end sports car you feel them more in a Cupra then you do in a FR only down to the Cupra having harder suspension as for the FR having soft, if you find the right deal on ebay or groups on Facebook you can get a set for around the 600 mark but they do go for higher (£1k+) they do them in most dealership too, brand new are £1950 at the dealership to go too

Lucky for me i got mine off a mate that has a Stage 3 470 Cupra, he was only selling due to getting new ones, i payed £400 for the set without tyres, all 4 in perfect condition and they now have 4 brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4s on.

They don't stick out anymore then any other size alloys you have on but that was my question before i got mine as i wasn't sure either

High end sports car :happy: (sorry that made me chuckle)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise