Cupra_Chris' Leon Cupra v2

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
I also wanted to do this. But got talked out of it by the garage. They basically said they'd seen some of the kits get stuck open and fill the combustion chamber with meth instead of fuel. You can imagine what happens when you light that! If it's a track car aiming for more power. I'd vote yes. A daily driver you rely on I'd vote no. Plus, if Revo thought it was worthwhile, it'd be on the upgrade list. I'm happy with the aftermarket intercooler for helping keep temps down.
Always nice to get another opinion! I had a browse over at the audi. Net Forum and a few guys over there had issues with the valves, apparently there is a solenoid you can get that is either open or closed depending on settings, which theoretically should remove the risk of filling the block or the intercooler as others had seen...

Jairm88

Mar 1, 2010
Always nice to get another opinion! I had a browse over at the audi. Net Forum and a few guys over there had issues with the valves, apparently there is a solenoid you can get that is either open or closed depending on settings, which theoretically should remove the risk of filling the block or the intercooler as others had seen...

Few little bits I’ve done incase the pump gets stuck on is fit the inline Solenoid this is wired to the controller so it will only allow methanol to pass through if the controller has signalled it to, I also fitted a little led light that comes on as the pump is activated this will shows if the pump is stuck on and I’ve fitted a rocker on/off switch to shut the controller and pump off if something doesn’t seem right.

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
Few little bits I’ve done incase the pump gets stuck on is fit the inline Solenoid this is wired to the controller so it will only allow methanol to pass through if the controller has signalled it to, I also fitted a little led light that comes on as the pump is activated this will shows if the pump is stuck on and I’ve fitted a rocker on/off switch to shut the controller and pump off if something doesn’t seem right.
This is the sort of thing i had read!
Im assuming its all worked well for you - I know i cant really get an idea of gains as you are running the big turbo.
Is the reduction of build up in the intake valves true by running water/meth?

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
Update: it's been a little while since my last mods to the car. Unfortunately I've broken my elbow so I've been spending my time eyeing up bits for the car while I can't drive it haha! That leads onto the update.

Due to our wonderful potholes in the area my stock shocks have taken a beating being under my lowering springs so I've decided to upgrade those, I didn't want to spend loads - although easily done. So I went for a good in the middle the Koni Str.t shocks.

I was also getting a bit bored of no exhaust note with my resonated set up so bought the non resonated centre section.

I felt my brakes could do with a little extra without going BBK upgrade (I've already got fast road pads and drilled grooved discs) so got some HEL Braided lines.

I was getting tired of my cupra seats and the sagged bolster on my drivers side, so got some Corbeau RRB's which are the best of both worlds, bucket like hold but reclines for comfort!

While fitting the seats I plan on giving the interior a well deserved deep clean while it's gutted. This will include some nice thick mats to add a bit of luxury.

Then finally I got an under seat kenwood sub and a pioneer mini amp to give my sound system a little boost.

I'll get some pics once some parts are fitted (waiting to do the sound system as I don't have huge flexibility in my arm just yet!) and the shocks, exhaust and brake lines are booked for 2 weeks time.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.