CupraConnect and the Infotainment System

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
Cupra Connect seems to be down today - I can't log in via the app or my PC, and the car 'world' is greyed out. Anyone else with the same? I should say this is the UK.

Saturday there was some sort of update and my sat nav favourites, home and work have all disappeared again. The infotainment system totally rebooted itself after 4 hours driving when I was 5 minutes from the destination - well that was helpful: not!

Looking on other sites (incl Audi and VW), there seems to be some conflict between the car and the app when setting up favourites in that they try to overwrite each other, resulting in none. It really knocks your confidence in the nav especially when it does this.

Its also a bit wierd that it won't search on postcodes in the UK - surely a basic nav feature?

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
Same here. Issues all day.

I won't list all the issues suffice to say the driver profiles in the car aren't working properly and the "Cupra Portal" has been hit and miss all day.

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
It's back online now (just now).
In the app, I can set business address and work address: should I be able to set other addresses as favourites?
And use them to preset the destination in the car?

Oct 26, 2021
noticed this thread because I have been having the same problem since yesterday. Still have the same issue.
Any ideas on a way to solve this or do I just wait until it sorts itself out?

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
There are still widely reported issues today. Granted I can log back into the app but the "Cupra Portal" website is showing historic information and seems to think the car is unlocked and all the windows open and I'm stuck in "Guest" user in the car itself. I can see my primary user but it simply refuses to switch out of Guest.

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
@.Griff. I've just been out to the car as the app reported correctly the overnight charge to 100%. I can see me as primary on the car, but HOME remains blank in the nav - its correct in the app so sync has failed somewhere. If I change my nickname in the app the car responds accordingly though!
TBH I was considering dropping the user from the car and starting again, but no point in even trying if the connection is shaky.

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
I'll try again later this morning but it was "stuck" in Guest for me. I could select "My name" and it would tell me it was changing user but then errored every time.

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
Out of interest, comparing my Infotainment version settings I find my Navigation Database is labelled 20.3, which I understand is 2020 March (car is only 2 months old).
A map update I understood is an OTA feature so my car is unbelievably behind, but checking the MySEAT map update option the latest is 28Gb for Europe maps - no wonder it takes forever over 4G.
Seems my 'Software' at v1790 is a bit out of date too - beginning to wonder about this car!

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
So as of today, I can now switch out of the "Guest" user and back into the primary user which is a step forward. However, I persistently get a notification that my data plan has expired (which is correct) but despite deleting the notification (and "deleting all" notifications) every time I get back in the car it appears.

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
A bit of an uppdate - my car is booked into Listers Worcester for diagnostics at the beginning of December. The Nav refuses to retain any information at all, even Home is lost upon restarting the car. They need it for a full day so hoping that means a software update.
Odd thing too - driving at the weekend in Sport mode, gearbox D. Flipped into S using the selector to overtake, then back to D once complete. The 'box stayed in S and when I looked down, it had changed to Cupra mode. I'd not been into the menus to change to Cupra and was unable to get out of it without using the menus. Have not been able to replicate either, but my other half reports having seen the same when she was driving. Wierd.

Dave5118

Jun 27, 2021
A bit of an uppdate - my car is booked into Listers Worcester for diagnostics at the beginning of December. The Nav refuses to retain any information at all, even Home is lost upon restarting the car. They need it for a full day so hoping that means a software update.
Odd thing too - driving at the weekend in Sport mode, gearbox D. Flipped into S using the selector to overtake, then back to D once complete. The 'box stayed in S and when I looked down, it had changed to Cupra mode. I'd not been into the menus to change to Cupra and was unable to get out of it without using the menus. Have not been able to replicate either, but my other half reports having seen the same when she was driving. Wierd.
Have you set up a 'profile'? Mine sometimes switches to a 'guest' profile, then the infotainment seems to switch to a default setting. If you haven't set up a profile, maybe it's just reverting to a default user?

When I first got my car, I was sitting in it familiarising myself with it before my first drive, and I swear blind I got it into 'cupra' mode by flicking the gear selector. However, can't seem to replicate it again mind, so may be a bug in the software.

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
I swear blind I got it into 'cupra' mode by flicking the gear selector. However, can't seem to replicate it again mind, so may be a bug in the software.

Pulling back on the gear selector does the following for me -

Once - Cupra "D"
Twice - Sport "D"
Three times - Cupra "S1/2/3/4/5/6"

Not sure if that's intentional?!? It's my first VWAG.

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
Hi. Yes I have a User set up - it welcomes me each time I get in (giving me the option to switch if I want) and I know it talks to my phone as I can change the nickname (lol) at will. My phone also remembers where Home is! I have tried swapping to Guest but alas no, it has no recollection of Home either.

@.Griff. do you generally keep the car in Cupra drive mode? I found that pulling back on the selector simply switches between D and S.
There does seem to be two 'notches' on the selector for which I can find no reference (both on pulling back). I can only get the manual selection by using the flappy paddles first.

Reactions: Dave5118

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
@.Griff. do you generally keep the car in Cupra drive mode? I found that pulling back on the selector simply switches between D and S.
There does seem to be two 'notches' on the selector for which I can find no reference (both on pulling back). I can only get the manual selection by using the flappy paddles first.

Yeah, I keep it in Cupra mode all the time. I didn't know if continually pulling back on the selector was meant to cycle through the modes above or not. I can understand it switching between "D" and "S" but not sure why it chucks the Sports drive mode into the mix.

Dave5118

Jun 27, 2021
I'll have to have another look in the settings and see if there is anything in there. Only just discovered 'eco' mode today, so may be missing something else LOL

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
Soooo. Following the video from @.Griff. I started in Drive Mode rather than Cupra, and found that if I've got my foot on the brake, I can get Cupra mode by:
1. Ignition On - shows as Sport Mode
2. Pull Back Once - goes to D (as expected)
3. Pull Back Again - switches to Cupra Mode, S
4. further pulls switches between D and S regardless of brake position, stays in Cupra

If I go to Neutral now, further pulls switch between D and S1 i.e. manual mode

5. Ignition Off then On - shows as Cupra Mode
6. Pull Back Once - goes to D (as expected?)
7. Pull Back Again - switches to Sport Mode, S
8. further pulls now switches between D and S, stays in Sport.

If I take my foot off the brake once the intial selection has been made (2 or 6) then the mode switch doesn't happen i.e 3 and 7 don't exist.

That's simple then..... !!

• Haha
Reactions: .Griff.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.