Curious question for people who have changed their speakers.

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
The speaker grills on the front doors are around 30cm in length and 15cm in height.

So how hard would it be to fit 2 speakers in there? Say 1 6.5" and another 5.25"?

After looking at them in the light, I can only see one hole with plastic mesh across for the speaker. So how hard is it to put a hole in the other side? I would like to go for the stock look thats all, so I wouldn't want to mount the speakers on the outside.

Cheers for your help. Any images of the inside of the door panels would be great thanks :D

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I'd say you have no chance of fitting 2 sets of speakers behind the door card. The only way would be a custom door pod job and that'll be expensive if you can't do it youself. The window regulator sits directly above the speaker, and the door pocket is directly behind it. The bottom edge of the door is also very close. I can barely fit my door cards on with a single set of deep 6.5" comps.

25062009348.jpg

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
Cheers for that mate. That really helped.

Are they Rockford Fosgate Power speakers? How are they?

Also, where have you put your amp? I was wondering if it would fit up under the glovebox.

I am looking at kitting out my car with a good system. I was just looking at the options. I have even looked at putting 2way speaker + tweeter systems in the door pillars. You can get some pioneer sets that are 7cm's. But I still aren't sure they would fit haha.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Cheers for that mate. That really helped.

Are they Rockford Fosgate Power speakers? How are they?

Also, where have you put your amp? I was wondering if it would fit up under the glovebox.

I am looking at kitting out my car with a good system. I was just looking at the options. I have even looked at putting 2way speaker + tweeter systems in the door pillars. You can get some pioneer sets that are 7cm's. But I still aren't sure they would fit haha.

Yeh, RF T162S. They're great, can handle loads of power! I've got them bi-wired at the moment, so each mid and tweeter is getting 133wrms :D I've had them bridged on my 4ch amp too which is 400wmrs, but I prefer the control of bi-wiring. They go plenty loud enough with almost zero gain which is useful. The whole setup sounds pretty good considering I have no sub lol.

My amp is on a piece of MDF in the boot. It's really untidy, but I don't intend to cut any wires to length until I have a sub and another amp so I can put everything where I want.

If you were to have speakers like you mentioned in the pillars, you probably be looking at a 3 way component setup using your door speakers aswell. Thats a bit complicated for me at the moment, and also costly! I'm happy with my current setup, tho wouldn't mind a sub!

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
I think the 3 way setup is out the window now. Unless I can find some mountable kick panels I might be able to put a speaker in there.

I have also noticed I might be able to put a pair of 8" subs in the rear quarters, something like the Rockford Fosgate free to air subs. It would get rid of the sub in the boot, which atm has seen better days due to my cornering haha! I should tie it down but tbh it cost me £50 for the wiring, amp, sub and enclosure; so I don't really care.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members