Custom Coded lcr!!

Matt Cupra R

Jan 13, 2006
Berkshire
I think I killed my standard valve in about a week. Could be coincidence but it was fine before and dead not long after. I already had a 007 sat in my shed to go on anyway.

Cuprawannabee

Storm developments is the nearest garage to me, so I called them about 5 times today and no answer.............bugger.:cry: I'll try again tomorrow, but if no luck........well..........I'll............dunno really.

Deleted member 12466

So how different is Custom Code and revo then? do both produce the same horsepower gain? i've had a revo done on my old cupra and i loved it, although the power came in big lumps rather than smoothness.

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
So how different is Custom Code and revo then? do both produce the same horsepower gain? i've had a revo done on my old cupra and i loved it, although the power came in big lumps rather than smoothness.

That is why i went for CC over REVO, i didn't like the power coming on with big torque spikes. CC is a VERY smooth map. The power is pretty Linear all the way from 3k - 7k there are no nasty surges, which in a 270(ish) front wheel drive car is quite important i think.
I've been running CC now for nearly a year and still think it's perfect.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
You'll get more power and torque from other maps, never seen a CC map break 300lbft in comparison to revo/jabba maps that often do so.

CC is smooth yes, but IMO the other maps feel faster due to the bigger kick they give you.

Fuelling is also done on the safe side, a bit too safe for my liking.

If im being 100% honest, i preferred my jabba map, it was more in your face yes but i loved the kick it gave you on initial spool. CC i think had better 6000+ performance though, jabba died off a bit after 6000.

Quality map though if your after smoothness. Feels like standard just obviously a lot more powerful.

There are plenty of options.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12466

Never really looked into jabba.....i need to be a passenger who has a revo, jabba & CC done then i can def tell the difference.

Any body with either of these in the Norfolk area?????

Matt Cupra R

Jan 13, 2006
Berkshire
CC does offen show less torque that the others, but it is over a far greater range giving better drivability etc. Mine pulls way past 6k revs.

ikhlaq206

Its all about the .:R
Jul 25, 2006
many people have said they get a lot of wheel spin from revo
cc is smooth & powerful all the way to the end

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
Never really looked into jabba.....i need to be a passenger who has a revo, jabba & CC done then i can def tell the difference.

Any body with either of these in the Norfolk area?????

Ive got Jabba map and it does come on really strong around 3000 rpm,there is a massive shove but it does tail off abit after 6000 rpm,but its perfect for midrange overtaking,it feels very fast,ive used jabba on pevious car so i went with them again with LCR,i got the feeling they got the most out of the engine,not had any problems with it too.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
CC does offen show less torque that the others, but it is over a far greater range giving better drivability etc. Mine pulls way past 6k revs.

So does the jabba map, you can easily rev it round to 7000rpm. Its just the nature of the K04 turbo, it doesn't really like 6000+ and starts to drop off.

Boost drops down to around 1.1bar by 6000rpm and this has noting to do with individual mapping, CC get no better than 1.1-1.15bar either.

Comparing logs from my jabba mapped car, and CC mapped car, and comparing rolling road logs with torque measured throughout, the CC is only better in the 6000+, the jabba map better from 2700-5500. About the same 5500-6000 and then CC 6000-6700

CC doesn't feel fast because there is no initial surge. It feels like you're driving a standard car, but just quicker:) It is very smooth yes, but do you want smooth? I personally like a good shove up the backside:) In race mode, you shouldn't be revving past 6500rpm anyway

It is a good map, but again so is the jabba map:)

Have had a go with 5 different maps now, 2 of my own and 3 other cars with differing maps and i would say these are definitely the best 2:)

Last edited:

Deleted member 12466

God this is making remap well hard to choose....i've only ever used Revo - feels fast and fun but u do wheelspin everywhere!!! Is jabba the same then?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I'd take the extra 30 ftlbs any day.

Jeez, you lot make it sound like it all comes in an uncontrollable wall of torque. If you can't drive round a little bit of wheelspin in the wet... :rolleyes: :cartman:

Seriously though, everyone will want to defend their own choice and don't forget that the number of choices has increased dramatically in, what, 3-4 years.

People need to go out and try the different maps, and see what feels best (it's all about Feel) to them. I know it can be hard making a choice over which remap (I ummed and ahhed for ages, and at the time Revo was the only switchable map avilable!) but think for yourself. Take on board other people's comments, for sure, but make a decision for yourself, based on your own criteria.

Back in my the day...

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
God this is making remap well hard to choose....i've only ever used Revo - feels fast and fun but u do wheelspin everywhere!!! Is jabba the same then?

No,in the wet it can be a handfull in first and second but when its dry your fine,only limited in first really,but 270 through front wheels you cant expect anything else in first gear,youve just got to be carefull on throttle,once above 30mph its fine.Some people might prefer a smooth map, but me i prefer it to have a bit of a kick,which the jabba map has,but it doesnt give the traction control much hassle.:)

Rick 01

LCR
May 14, 2006
Yorkshire
The Jabba map on my car is as smooth as you could wish for and it delivers maximum torque at bang on 3000 rpm. After that its nice and flat only dropping significantly at 6000 rpm. But I tend to change gear before then anyway.

All my lag was eliminated and it's the best thing since sliced bread in my humble opinion!

Awesome in Manchester reckon Jabba do one of the best 1.8T remaps out there, which is pretty good praise considering they are competitors!

But I suppose if I had not had a custom re-map the results would have been less impressive. I suppose you get what you pay for, like with anything really.

Deleted member 12466

well looks like jabba it is then...if i decide to keep my car now

Custom-Code HQ

IS Custom Code available at TSR in bridgwater?

Also can you do a limited day trial etc??

TSR are C-C agents so yes :)

We offer no trials but we do offer a 30 day money back guarantee

And we have held the 30% discount offer for a further limited period.

Cheers

CUSTOM-CODE TEAM

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
ive had cc phase 1 on my LCR for around 6 months now, and ive had no problems at all with it...im still well chuffed with it. As been said before, which was very true, about it being very smooth, it is still very quick..u can get to silly speeds very quickly..its more about effortless shove, especially on the motorway.

Could of done with a bit more torque to really throw me in my seat, but im hoping when i go stage 2 i can control this to my requirements. When it was rolling roaded at jbs it was putting out 273.8 BHP and around 269 lbs ft from 2500 rpm onwards..i was told that my car was running slightly faster than 225 standard,and was told the way i drive it after its fully warmed up (i dont generally hang around) and the fact that i always put v-power in helped me to get this figure...

like everyone is sayin they are all different, but in my opinion you wont be disapointed with custom code..:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members