Custom Exhaust

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Hi guys, I have a few questions about exhausts, sorry if this has already been covered, I always hate starting a new topic!

I went down the custom route to get quad exhausts and a res delete on my Cupra 300 a few months ago and I’d like it to be a bit louder and the exhausts to look nicer. I was thinking about getting a milltek or scorpion exhaust system or another similar company, can anyone recommend any at all? I’ve looked on their websites and I’m a bit confused by it all and don’t understand a lot of it so not sure what product I need and do they install it for you or do I buy it and take it to a garage? Because it looks very long and I’m not sure it would fit in my car

If anyone can explain what happens and can recommend a good exhaust company I’d really appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Hi guys, I have a few questions about exhausts, sorry if this has already been covered, I always hate starting a new topic!

I went down the custom route to get quad exhausts and a res delete on my Cupra 300 a few months ago and I’d like it to be a bit louder and the exhausts to look nicer. I was thinking about getting a milltek or scorpion exhaust system or another similar company, can anyone recommend any at all? I’ve looked on their websites and I’m a bit confused by it all and don’t understand a lot of it so not sure what product I need and do they install it for you or do I buy it and take it to a garage? Because it looks very long and I’m not sure it would fit in my car

If anyone can explain what happens and can recommend a good exhaust company I’d really appreciate it

I think it all depends on what your budget is and weather you want a full system or a cat back system..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Also if you are not in a hurry you will be able to see / hear some exhaust that we have fitted to our cars.

Reactions: Deano j1971

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Also if you are not in a hurry you will be able to see / hear some exhaust that we have fitted to our cars.

theoldboy has a nice sounding “milltek” with quad tips, I have a exhausts from a company in Germany with rs4/6 tips that rumbles,as theoldboy says the Blackpool meet you can see and hear different ones. If you need a quick fix... YouTube.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Anything less than a grand would be preferable and I’m really not sure what I need, I just want a bit more sound coming from it and want a proper branded exhaust setup might send an email to a few of them and see what they recommend, but yes will have a look at the meet. Cheers guys

Reactions: Deano j1971

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

I’d say stay away from Miltek, look good but they’re not built as well as Scorpion.

However o personally think BCS make the best quality exhausts for the money. They can do boost activated valved systems as well as non valved ones too...

Here is the one on my 280 with black ceramic tips.
E61B602C-C970-49E3-B13C-1FD60B857102.jpeg

And none ST...

_dsc0778_5.jpg

Reactions: cupra300uk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I’d say stay away from Miltek, look good but they’re not built as well as Scorpion.

However o personally think BCS make the best quality exhausts for the money. They can do boost activated valved systems as well as non valved ones too...

Here is the one on my 280 with black ceramic tips.
View attachment 2821

And none ST...

_dsc0778_5.jpg

Very nice really like the chrome ones, do you mind me asking how much that all cost including fitting and everything?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Very nice really like the chrome ones, do you mind me asking how much that all cost including fitting and everything?

The ST was slightly more expensive that a 5 door. You’ll get discount of 10% for being a member of a forum.

Expect to pay about £900-£1100 (fully fitted) depending on the options your after.

I think I paid £950 but I got free fitting and I had the ceramic coated tips.

As a comparison, if I’d of gone Miltek, a similar none valved system would of cost me £1400 PLUS fitting.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
The ST was slightly more expensive that a 5 door. You’ll get discount of 10% for being a member of a forum.

Expect to pay about £900-£1100 (fully fitted) depending on the options your after.

I think I paid £950 but I got free fitting and I had the ceramic coated tips.

As a comparison, if I’d of gone Miltek, a similar none valved system would of cost me £1400 PLUS fitting.

I’ve got an SC, do you know if I would need to get a new rear diffuser to fit the tips? And is getting a non-valved setup cheaper? As id rather just have a permanent louder sound. Was this also a whole new exhaust from engine to tips, or was this only part of it? Don’t really know how it all works haha, Sorry for all the questions!

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I’ve got an SC, do you know if I would need to get a new rear diffuser to fit the tips? And is getting a non-valved setup cheaper? As id rather just have a permanent louder sound. Was this also a whole new exhaust from engine to tips, or was this only part of it? Don’t really know how it all works haha, Sorry for all the questions!

Mine was just a cat back system.

No cutting required, BCS will make sure the system fits the car not the other way around :)

I wanted a large oval like the first 5 door they did. But they said the diffuser exhaust openings on the ST are smaller than the hatchback, so they could only do the 4 x 76mm on mine. On yours I think you can have 4 x 80mm.

Last edited:

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Sorry to hi-jack the thread slightly. It is on topic to a certain extent though! I don’t have an aftermarket or custom exhaust on my 300, but I do have a custom made res delete. However, at times I do find it slightly intrusive. Does anyone know whether you can go down the route of just having a smaller resonator? Or somehow still having the noise but just not as loud? Sorry and cheers guys

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Sorry to hi-jack the thread slightly. It is on topic to a certain extent though! I don’t have an aftermarket or custom exhaust on my 300, but I do have a custom made res delete. However, at times I do find it slightly intrusive. Does anyone know whether you can go down the route of just having a smaller resonator? Or somehow still having the noise but just not as loud? Sorry and cheers guys
This is what I’m considering on the Carbon. The Carbon exhaust is a good step louder than my old 280, but still a little quieter than I’d like, so may see if a smaller resonator works.

Reactions: Naylor92

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
This is what I’m considering on the Carbon. The Carbon exhaust is a good step louder than my old 280, but still a little quieter than I’d like, so may see if a smaller resonator works.
So do you think you could have a smaller resonator made then? What size would you say though in comparison to the standard one?

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Mine was just a cat back system.

No cutting required, BCS will make sure the system fits the car not the other way around :)

I wanted a large oval like the first 5 door they did. But they said the diffuser exhaust openings on the ST are smaller than the hatchback, so they could only do the 4 x 76mm on mine. On yours I think you can have 4 x 80mm.

Will have a look into it then, cheers

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
No idea mate I’m clueless with exhausts

Guys I’ve been looking around to find a smaller resonator for the cupra300&St300carbon and found this, it’s from a German exhaust company called Fox. They have a few clips on YouTube and they sell this..
ec0c4f96bdd8531a5950848940d5d4dc.jpg

993e1b37fddef3340205501b680b5b67.jpg

Damo H, is this the type of smaller one or do you reckon you could get a custom job made cheaper.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Guys I’ve been looking around to find a smaller resonator for the cupra300&St300carbon and found this, it’s from a German exhaust company called Fox. They have a few clips on YouTube and they sell this..
ec0c4f96bdd8531a5950848940d5d4dc.jpg

993e1b37fddef3340205501b680b5b67.jpg

Damo H, is this the type of smaller one or do you reckon you could get a custom job made cheaper.

Doesn’t the resonator make it quieter? I want louder!

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Doesn’t the resonator make it quieter? I want louder!

This was aimed at Naylor92&Damo H . I know you want louder, did you see the catback system I got from Germany? Even though it’s for a St300 they do one for a Sc300. I got rid of the Akrapovic tips and went for the rs4/6 tips.
180751388ffb37995a3f157a11892c13.jpg
a5c9cff9a22b4894f917ed2ebbe15a10.jpg
27f22f1c3339589d2811ba7fe8823e15.jpg
b57f9ab5dea6c0d2a2813b5b5f93ed74.jpg

It sounds the dogs boll***s. The company is called Friedrich motorsports exhaust, they have clips on YouTube. It’s not the street beast system..The cat back system was only £645. Check them out. Hope this helps

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Cheers. Maybe get a smaller resonator custom made then I reckon. Might try it. I do love the noise from the res delete now and the pops and bangs on over run is absolutely mint. But at times, as I say it can be a little intrusive. So I don’t want standard sound but invetween really.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.