custom fmic

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
just bought a fmic of ebay. i know its going to be a hard job fitting it. but got some machines in work that can do the pipe bending for me. just wanted to know what is the best way to run the pipes AM way or the FORGE way. anybody done universal fmic susesfully or am i wasting my time trying. looks a bit like a evo intercooler what do you think.

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
flashbsd said:
also see merlinmotorsport.com and rallydesign.co.uk i found them to be cheapest

my custom FMIC here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85160

Saved myself roughly £500 quid

i was looking at your custom intercooler looks like a good job.
i think that is the way that i will run the pipes and connect them up to the stock piping. only thing is that my fmic the inlet and outlet are on the sides and im not to sure if i will have the room at the inlet side to fit a 180o bend. as the rad sits at an angle.

can the rad be moved back any?

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
anybody no how much pressure drop ther is in the standard intercooler.

would a fmic not be an improvement over the stock intercooler due to the size of the stock 1. pushing 20psi through such a small intercooler couldnt be good for pressure drop either.

The_one

Mar 18, 2006
England

The_one

Mar 18, 2006
England
karl.w said:
anybody no how much pressure drop ther is in the standard intercooler.

would a fmic not be an improvement over the stock intercooler due to the size of the stock 1. pushing 20psi through such a small intercooler couldnt be good for pressure drop either.

The pressure drop will be componsated by the fact your inlet temps are going to be a lot lower so your power should last longer across the rev range??

flashbsd

PhilW said:
Will be interesting to see what it copes like on ~22psi tho. If its hardly anything your onto a winner!

beezaboy ran jbs04 on it happily with 23psi, as im not going revo i doubt ill be on 22psi, 14psi was enough at the weekend! boost controller will prob be set at 1.5bar max. temps were 29/30 degrees at redline with 1 bar, 16oC outside temp

i shall dismiss yet another myth once its mapped :)

the lagune was a DCi so i doubt it was high pressure, but most intercoolers can take a fair amoutn of pressure, OE or after market. If your unsure spend 600 quid :)

Last edited by a moderator:

The_one

Mar 18, 2006
England
is a dci a diesel?? because if so diesels tend to run a lot of boost, certainly more than a normal turbo petrol