D.i.y arbs?

05'LCR Dan

I have been thinking for a while now about getting a set of front and rear neuspeed arbs, 25mm front 28mm rear.
My problem is whether to buy and fit them myself or buy and get them fitted. Im swaying towards fitting them myself but how difficult is this?

I have read a alot of the threads on arbs but not many people have fitted them themselves. To anyone that has or knows someone who has is the any real issues with droping the subframe? steering rack problems? and the rear does it need any holes drilled or anything? Read about fixing to a torchion bar.
Anything atall would be helpful

Self fitting would be my answer to credit crunch.Scary times :cry:

dan boy

May 1, 2008
loughborough
not that difficult mate i am going to fit mine soon tried two weeks ago and gave up because i did not no you had to un bolt the steering rack:doh: got the sub frame un bolted but would only drop down about 2 inch but i have been told that the steering rack would be ok if un bolted i would get the tracking done after you put it all back together i put mine back and it is a little bit out

05'LCR Dan

thats right it must have been your thread i read about the rack in. Never read about the rack anywhere else. Kinda throws me off a bit, what about the rear one??

dan boy

May 1, 2008
loughborough
not done rear one but my mate has he did not have to drill any holes seemed to bolt on with what looked like big u clamps .one bloke on here has changed his front ones and told me about the rack it looks like there is only 4 bolts that hold it to sub frame

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise