DAB bouncing to another station

May 26, 2022
Hi I have a 21 plate Cupra Ateca, which i purchased in April 2023.
There have been a few niggles that have meant several trips back to the dealer.
The latest issues are to do with the Infotainment system.
The first is that when listening to a DAB station the unit changes the DAB channel to the next available station. I thought it might be a local issue, but has done it on different channels for no apparent reason. Don't know if anyone has had something similar?
Also there are times when there is no audio from the radio or the mobile phone. I have disconnected the phone and reset the unit by holding the on/off button down. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Both issues are frustrating and will have to book another trip to the dealer, but would be interested if anyone else has had similar issues?

Tell

Staff member
Hi I have a 21 plate Cupra Ateca, which i purchased in April 2023.
There have been a few niggles that have meant several trips back to the dealer.
The latest issues are to do with the Infotainment system.
The first is that when listening to a DAB station the unit changes the DAB channel to the next available station. I thought it might be a local issue, but has done it on different channels for no apparent reason. Don't know if anyone has had something similar?
Also there are times when there is no audio from the radio or the mobile phone. I have disconnected the phone and reset the unit by holding the on/off button down. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Both issues are frustrating and will have to book another trip to the dealer, but would be interested if anyone else has had similar issues?
Whilst I don't have Mib3 not some issue of DAB picking the next similar station if the signal reduces. Might be a toggle to take that off if it's that. Question of inspecting the options in the manual. Once set you don't touch. I would have done that. Mine will toggle to FM but I recall I have taken out the similar station toggle.

Tell

Staff member
My mib2 settings. Try un ticking switch to a similar dab station if you have it ticked in mib3.

20220904_133523.jpg

May 26, 2022
Whilst I don't have Mib3 not some issue of DAB picking the next similar station if the signal reduces. Might be a toggle to take that off if it's that. Question of inspecting the options in the manual. Once set you don't touch. I would have done that. Mine will toggle to FM but I recall I have taken out the similar station toggle.

My mib2 settings. Try un ticking switch to a similar dab station if you have it ticked in mib3.

View attachment 33507
Hi Tell,
Many thanks for this. Have found the option on the menu and unchecked it. A week or so later and no reoccurrence of the issue.

Reactions: Tell
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members