Damn all ignorant drivers!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I parked in the supermarket car park, far away from the usual crowd of SUV's with children etc.

I return to find this on the top rear wing

I went to my local chips away guys and he's confident he can do a point to point repair.

If not, a full blending job including the bumper, rear door.

This could get very expensive, beware lovers of 3 coat Desire Red paint!
IMG_20220909_163517851_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg
IMG_20220909_163608621.jpg
IMG_20220909_163608621.jpg

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: H Rafiq

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
So annoying. Some people just don’t care.
I watched someone the other week in a B&Q car park purposely rest their door against the car next to them so they could reach in to pull wood through that someone was pushing into the boot.
why not just move out the space to do it?
or move 3 rows down where there was no one parked. Ignorant!
It also doesn’t help that car parking spaces are the same size as they were in the 60’s when even a large family car would fit comfortably inside a space.
Now even a small Ibiza sized supermini dwarfs a standard sized space.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
We've got something similar - obviously a van/suv door in our case as it's about 10 inches up from the bottom of the front passenger door and then again right on the crease line towards the top of the door. Desire Red so will be an absolute b"""ger to match. And I've noticed a smear in the paint right through the clear coat on the side of the rear bumper.
Barstewards :mad:

Reactions: Peller

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Peller - Supermarket car parks - and the inconsiderate types who don’t care how they park in them - are a pet hate of mine 😡.

I always go to the supermarket at off peak times when the car parks are pretty empty to minimise the risk of damage to my car, and like you, I try and park in one of the spaces that’s furthest away from the actual supermarket. Unfortunately as you’ve found, it’s still no guarantee my car won‘t be damaged by someone parking too close to it, carelessly opening a door onto it or scraping it with their trolley.

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing, but maybe it’s worth considering getting a dash cam with parking mode that’ll hopefully capture footage of vehicles (and their reg plate) that park next to you. You might then be able to catch the perpetrators if it happens again in future.

Reactions: Peller