** damp passenger carpet **

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I lifted my mats yesterday to clean them and the back of the mat was damp on the passenger side. I checked the carpet and it was bit damp, but not soaking wet. Like you could see the water on-top, but the carpet didn't feel really wet.

I dried the carpet with heater and wet vac'd it just incase. It didn't take much to dry it so wasn't that bad.

Any ideas where this could be coming from as its the same today. Its like it seeping through from the mat itself, but they're rubber backed so it can't be. The car sat all night in the rain and had a 5min drive to work.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
look around the door, especially the speakers . . any sign of water there?

There were a few old threads about the door drainage being blocked so the water was coming down the windows then instead of out the bottom of the door it came out via the speakers.

Otherwise - it'll be a dealer visit to identify.

BlackMagicLeon

Jun 11, 2008
Hampshire
My old A3 had a similar problem.. was the plenum chamber clogged up causing water to overflow into the pollen filter (I think) and into the cabin through that.

Check there's no crud (leaves etc) blocking up the channel at the bottom of the windscreen - there may be a plastic cover to lift off too (not sure on the Leon).

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I'll check these things out. I keep my car very very clean so doubt the leaves would be on long enough. :lol:

I've checked the carpet round the area and can't feel any water. Its like its coming from below, but seems like its ontop of the carpet. :think:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members