Dan's MK2 Emocion Red Leon Cupra...Now with Lamin-X...

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Right guys,

I'm Danny, I've been on here a few months now and this is my 3rd SEAT. The current one is the Leon FR550 2.0TDI. I picked the car up as an ex-demo with 3,000 miles on the clock. It's Magic Black and if I'm totally honest, I love it!

Mods done so far include:

First mod was stereo upgrade, started off with an Alpine unit and currently have a Sony Xplod,
This is linked to two pro-plus subs powered by a 1000w amp in the boot, hope to make a boot-built soon.
Stubby C2 aerial.
Cupra front grill after previously experimenting with a badge-less grill, didn't go well.
Cupra mirror caps, have still kept the FR silver ones for when other friends purchase FR's.
Carpet mats as it didn't come with any :(
Red brake callipers all round with black painted hubs.
Leon MK1 Cupra R front splitter.
8000k HID kit designed to work with CAN-BUS.
Gloss Black FR550 alloy wheels with painted centre caps.
Gloss black and red engine cover, fuse cover and air-intake.
Car has been detailed.

Mods still to do:

VW Golf slim rear-wiper.
VW RNS510 navigation with full bluetooth kit.
SEAT Bi-Xenon OEM upgrade with headlamp washer (if possible)
Darker rear window tints.
LED rear light clusters.
HID fog light conversion.
Full speaker system upgrade.
BTCC sideskirts and spoiler (coming very soon)
Supersprint exhaust system with DPF delete and full remap.

That's about it to be honest guys. Pictures will be up very soon after I get my car back tomorrow from having those wheels powder coated, very excited! :D
Any other mods you think I should do, leave me a comment :)

Thanks for reading,
Danny.

Last edited:

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Just got the car back after having wheels refurbed and powder coated. I love it :D I've ordered some SEAT badges for my centre caps for the alloys so it has abit of change to it. This also shows the Cupra R splitter and small front number plate :)

More pictures tomorrow when she's all clean and polished.

Danny

31102009162.jpg

31102009162.jpg

31102009163.jpg

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Car has now been de-badged of LEON and a Neverbeen sticker on the back :) Hopefully back lights will have a slight tint to them tomorrow and will shortly be getting blue highbeam bulbs and enabling Corner Foglights through VAGCOM. Over Christmas will also come a remap and an induction kit and in the new year the car will be lowered with 10mm spacers and a Supersprint or Miltek exhaust system and possible a DPF delete. Little mods at the minute as I'm saving up for insurance, tax and service which are all due in Jan/Feb time :(

Danny.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Quick Update,

SEAT badges are now on the centre caps of the wheels, makes it look a lot better IMO :) Car needs a very good wash and will get pictures up this weekend. My Milltek exhaust is also being fitted on Saturday so will also be posting a video of that it sounds like on a TDI as they're aren't many out there :)
Stay tuned.

Danny.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Milltek has now been fitted, IMO it doesn't sound any different other then it whistles abit more on turbo spool up :) but looks a BIG improvement for the rear end :D

Will try and get pictures up soon but it's supposed to rain all weekend, the exhaust needs a good clean aswell, it's covered in black carbon crap from the engine.
Also Milltek said it would fit with an adaptor to change the size of the exhaust, it didn't. They had to cut about a 70cm section from my old exhaust and then put a welded sleeve over the join, so thanks Milltek, you cost me an extra £30 lol.

Put overall, very please, car seems to rev more freely now, but it might just be me exaggerating haha.

Danny.

Sean1060

May 10, 2009
grimsby
alright mate cars looking great, i saw you earlyer when you was getting the exhaust done at the garage (i was the one in the lcr), didnt know you was on here. would of had a chat but was busy trying to get my heaters working.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
alright mate cars looking great, i saw you earlyer when you was getting the exhaust done at the garage (i was the one in the lcr), didnt know you was on here. would of had a chat but was busy trying to get my heaters working.

Ahhh, yeah, couldn't stop looking lol, do love those Cupra R's. Did you get all sorted? Couldn't fault the garage, top work done and a good price aswell. Do you work there or a customer?

Danny.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
lol yeah got it sorted now, and yeah i work there. had a quick look round yours and it looks great mate

ahh right, sounds good mate :) I didn't even realise you guys were down there considering I go past everyday to get lunch from Tescos! haha Do you guys do remaps? If so, how much? Wish my exhaust had abit of a deeper tone to it, need to get that DPF out! Don't suppose you can do that either can you? haha

Danny.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Thanks for the comments guys, every little helps :)

Right, here are photos I took this morning, as promise, these show various big and small mods to the car :)
Enjoy.

29112009194.jpg

Black powder coated wheels, red painted callipers and new SEAT badges in centre caps.

29112009197.jpg

8000k HID kit, black wheels again.

29112009199.jpg

Close up of wheels, centre caps and red callipers.

29112009193.jpg

De-badged with 'neverbeen' sticker, also kept FR550 badge and taken dealership sticker out.

29112009190.jpg

New Milltek exhaust system, black alloys, de-badged boot.

Last edited:

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
29112009191.jpg

Action shot :) lol

29112009192.jpg

Milltek.

29112009196.jpg

Engine cover also sprayed red, goes with callipers.

29112009197.jpg

HID kit with red engine cover.

29112009200.jpg

And finally, my Sony radio with SEAT MFD facia and VW Golf bracket.

More to come so stay tuned :)

L17KKE

Tha Stig
Jun 9, 2009
looks nice mate but i cant work out the difference between the Standard FR and the FR550 if you could enlighten me it would be appreciated. :)

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
looks nice mate but i cant work out the difference between the Standard FR and the FR550 if you could enlighten me it would be appreciated. :)

FR550 has Cupra bucket seats, 18" wheels, USB port under the drivers seat and a little '550' badge next to FR lol, apart from that, virtually the same I think :) I don't know if somewhere in my documents it tells me which number it is out of the 550 as they were done in 2007 for SEAT winning the BTCC if I'm correct :)

Danny.

Sean1060

May 10, 2009
grimsby
ahh right, sounds good mate :) I didn't even realise you guys were down there considering I go past everyday to get lunch from Tescos! haha Do you guys do remaps? If so, how much? Wish my exhaust had abit of a deeper tone to it, need to get that DPF out! Don't suppose you can do that either can you? haha

Danny.

nah we dont do remaps mate, all we do is a plug and play thing for diesel's which arnt no where near as good as remaps, and im not sure about removing the dpf lol nothing we have done before tbh

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
nah we dont do remaps mate, all we do is a plug and play thing for diesel's which arnt no where near as good as remaps, and im not sure about removing the dpf lol nothing we have done before tbh

Ahh right, well if you guys were to look at the car on Tuesday when I pop back for my original backbox, is there any chance you could have a look and see if anything can be made up, basically a piece of pipework with 4 holes in for the sensors and then I can source a map to get it off the cars ECU? If you could ask I would be grateful, also gonna see how much it's gonna cost to get the whole system in 3" pipe from the CAT as it doesn't sound throaty enough for me haha :)

Danny.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.