Dan's MK2 Emocion Red Leon Cupra...Now with Lamin-X...

OJleon

The wheels look great in black with the caps on. If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for them to be refurbished?:)

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
The wheels look great in black with the caps on. If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for them to be refurbished?:)

The wheels were £250, they took them off the car, refurbed including centre caps, balanced and refitted tyres and put back on the car. thanks for your comment :)

Danny.

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
Car has now been de-badged of LEON and a Neverbeen sticker on the back :) Hopefully back lights will have a slight tint to them tomorrow and will shortly be getting blue highbeam bulbs and enabling Corner Foglights through VAGCOM. Over Christmas will also come a remap and an induction kit and in the new year the car will be lowered with 10mm spacers and a Supersprint or Miltek exhaust system and possible a DPF delete. Little mods at the minute as I'm saving up for insurance, tax and service which are all due in Jan/Feb time :(

Danny.

Hi Danny sorry for seeming dim but can you explain what enabling "corner foglights
through VAGCOM"

steve

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Hi Danny sorry for seeming dim but can you explain what enabling "corner foglights
through VAGCOM"

steve

Steve,
Cornering Fog lights are a feature on new cars, basically with your dipped beam on, when the steering wheel is turned left or right, the corresponding foglight comes on to illuminate the corner better, the new Ibiza and facelift Leon's do it and I believe it's a feature that can be activated on the older Leons. After having my wheels done gloss black, it will make it easier for navigating my drive way :)

Danny.

L17KKE

Tha Stig
Jun 9, 2009
thanks for that was a bit unsure as they look no different on the outside that wud be good though if they have a number in the logbook like 1 of 550

L17KKE

Tha Stig
Jun 9, 2009
and as for the cornering headlights im interested in how you can do this what do you mean when you mention VAGCOM.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
Steve,
Cornering Fog lights are a feature on new cars, basically with your dipped beam on, when the steering wheel is turned left or right, the corresponding foglight comes on to illuminate the corner better, the new Ibiza and facelift Leon's do it and I believe it's a feature that can be activated on the older Leons. After having my wheels done gloss black, it will make it easier for navigating my drive way :)

Danny.

yes the newer models have this feature, but its surely a physical feature i.e. extra wiring and a module connected to steering

i doubt you will find it as an add-on as the ecu's were based on previous audi's and vw's...none of which had this feature back then (and most still don't) so this wouldn't appear in the program

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Some of my pictures in the snow :)

21122009220.jpg

21122009221.jpg

Danny.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Danny i think ive asked you before but not sure

Where did you get your HIDs from i need some for mine when i pick her up as my ibiza ones arent can bus

SeatDanny

Developing SEAT owner!
Oct 29, 2009
Northern Ireland, Belfast
Danny i think ive asked you before but not sure

Where did you get your HIDs from i need some for mine when i pick her up as my ibiza ones arent can bus

Your best bet is HiD's 4 u. Im runnin their ultimate 6000k kit with PIAA sidelights. Using the H7R bulbs to cut out stupid glare HIDs make in reflector headlights.

Talking £200 all in but for a major result!

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
As for the cornering foglights, a few have had this activated via VAGCOM, it was a feature installed in 07-08 plate cars onwards as I believe the steering wheel sensor is already inbuilt for cars that have the Bi-Xenon headlamps that use the motors to turn the lights to 'see' round corners :)
And my HIDS are from HIDS-Direct, paid about £100 plus some cheap and cheerful LED bulbs with resistors from Halfrauds :)

Danny.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh what are these cornering Foglights

As The bentley factory is Near where im from every man and his dog has got a VAG group car , Everytime i see a Leon its always got one of the Foglights on ,Looks silly

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Thinking about going to a vinyl place next week and seeing how much it would cost for the VXR chequers in grey with a tinge of red to them :) think it would look good, but not sure yet, need to get this bloody DPF out!!!!

Danny.

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
I've activated cornering lights on mine, just letting you know it works ;)

Nice car by the way, i've been tempted by the all black look but unsure about regretting powder coating my alloys

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Active cornering Fog's dont seem to be turned on ,on mine

Glad really because i wanted it turnng off anyway

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
Some of my pictures in the snow :)

21122009220.jpg

21122009221.jpg

Danny.

Love your HID kit there, shame you have to drill the light etc as i'd have that kit tomorrow!

Active cornering Fog's dont seem to be turned on ,on mine

Glad really because i wanted it turnng off anyway

I find them useful as i park next to a kerb all the time.

Haven't got a clue what they look like from outside the car mind you!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise