Dan's MK2 Emocion Red Leon Cupra...Now with Lamin-X...

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
First up were LED plate lights;

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Then I bought some of these;

IMG_0023.jpg

Which look like this;

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Then LED sidelights;

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

Then this;

IMG_0025.jpg

Which looks like this;

IMG_0040.jpg

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
And also bought these to go on when I've got a proper jack;

10mm upfront, 13mm rear;

IMG_0024.jpg

And as I missed it from my Audi, and there was one kicking about from a car care kit my mum got from work;

IMG_0021.jpg

Which sits nicely there;

IMG_0041.jpg

And that's it for today folks! I'll get pictures up of the spacers as soon as I can. Probably won't be a few weeks until I travel 300 odd miles to my dad's in Devon to which I'll be fitting those, getting a Rev D diverter valve, some new spark plugs and clay barring the car :)

Mods

What will hopefully be happening this year is;

Stage 1 Remap,
Springs or coilovers,
Gloss black wheels,
And an exhaust of some sort!

Pretty much everything I wanted to do before, this car is staying now as I'll be moving house this year and I think I will always be a Seat boy at heart!

Enjoy.

P.s, feel free to post any recommendations for mods to do!

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Little update today,

Gave the car a good going over inside and under the bonnet.
Used the Autoglym stuff for the plastics under the bonnet which came out really nice and shiny :)

Then gave the car a good hoover, polish and dust inside but the thing that bugged me the most was the chrome pedals, they were filthy so gave them a good going over although they are scratched to hell so will probably order news ones :)

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

But I'm pleased with how they've come out.
Car is going in on the 13th to have this jerky/splutter from cold sorted out. Rang Seat and they said the coilpack recall didn't apply to my car but they're gonna have a look anyway :)
After I get the car back on the 13th I'll be fitting the spacers and fully detailing the car....and whatever else I buy in that time :) haha.

Thanks for reading :)

Krasyy

Dec 7, 2011
hi! do u have any before-after pics with the 10/13 mm spacers? maybe from the same angle of your car? i'm planning the same modification. do they make the side of the car dirtier? thx mate :)

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
I googled it mate, she said that the BWJ engine code wasn't affected whereas the BWA engines were (FR) but some may have carried over to the Cupra? :S God knows why they don't just do a recall for the Cupra lol

It's going in on the 13th for them to be checked, it was the coilpack model number ending in C which is affected I believe

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
hi! do u have any before-after pics with the 10/13 mm spacers? maybe from the same angle of your car? i'm planning the same modification. do they make the side of the car dirtier? thx mate :)

I haven't fitted them yet mate :) Waiting to be done in a few weeks when I have access to a proper jack.

I had some spacers on my Audi before and the made the wheels stick out a fair bit.....back of the car got filthy haha so yes, probably will :)

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
I googled it mate, she said that the BWJ engine code wasn't affected whereas the BWA engines were (FR) but some may have carried over to the Cupra? :S God knows why they don't just do a recall for the Cupra lol

It's going in on the 13th for them to be checked, it was the coilpack model number ending in C which is affected I believe

Cool, thanks alot mate. Have to check it out.

Ta.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
No worries mate, just try calling your local dealer. they'll want to check it out first. Or if you pop your engine cover off and unclip one of the connectors on the coilpack yourself, you'll see the part number.

Here's the thread, clicky

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Cool, thanks very much mate. Looked in my V5. My engine code is CDL, would that be the same as a CDLA? Cheers bud.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Where did you get the spacers and how much? Looks good red was my second choice. Was soooooo close aswell. Looks good mate

Got them from a guy on the Audi forum mate, paid £50 for all 4 which ain't to bad. Was over £100 for all four when I was looking. Yeah I love the red! Like it so much better then the silver I had but love the different shades your black goes in the sun!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.585869,-0.185262

Last edited:

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Got them from a guy on the Audi forum mate, paid £50 for all 4 which ain't to bad. Was over £100 for all four when I was looking. Yeah I love the red! Like it so much better then the silver I had but love the different shades your black goes in the sun!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.585869,-0.185262

Oh you lucky, got a bargain there.

Yeah it's a facelift. Okay. Thanks for the help Dan. Lookin forward to some new pics, cars looking nice mate.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.