Dash rattle - fixed by accident

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
Well having waxed lyrical about how good my FR TDI is, I was a bit annoyed yesterday to notice a very obvious rattle coming from behind the dash :(

Driving back up the M6 this afternoon, I pulled off into services because it was really starting to annoy me. Did a hunt around the dash but could not for the life of me figure out where the rattle was coming from... :think:

... until I opened the glovebox. I stuck my digicam in there over the weekend after taking a few pics of the car.

I moved it out of the glovebox into the storage box under the seat and voila.... rattle gone! :lol:

So if you do have a rattle coming from there, might be worth noting what you have in there. The firm ride (ie.. road vibrations) makes things in the glove box rattle like a mofo!

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Should consider writing a guide to resolving this issue :p I'm sure it'll get hosted and added to the guides section :D

Haha. "Step 1. Open glove box.."

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Since we're admitting stupidity here... I'll join in.

A short while ago I was cursing my LCR for this very annoying buzz like rattle I could here coming from somewhere on the dash. Oddly it seemed to go away when I put pressure on the right hand side of the dash.... so obviously I thought it was that. It annoyed me and wound me up something chronic, was driving me potty and the car got called all sorts of names.

Turns out the clasp of my watch wasn't done up properly..... :whistle:

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
Had another rattle this morning!

What was it? Ashtray that I moved from the centre console front to the back. (I don't smoke in my car.. so might as well take it out!).

The ride is definitely the culprit. Anything not screwed in well, will rattle!