Dash rattle fixed!!

Jon Legge

I know this is a problem a few people have had on the Mk2 Leon. Mine had the rattle that sounded like something was lose behind the glovebox. You know the one!.....

Well i'm glad to say that it was fixed yesterday under warranty whilst in for it's 20k service :D

Turns out the main screws that hold the dash in place were lose!

Hats off to Holders of Congresbury for fixing it! :)

FReddytdi

Jun 6, 2007
bit worrying isn't it that the main screws that hold the dash were loose....

Got to say the MK1 seemed to be built better, even the salesman at my local garage admitted the MK2 was poorly built..............didn't stop me buying one though!!!!

Jon Legge

Yeah my Mk1 was a bit better built. Had a dash rattle tho!... Must be a Seat design feature!

mwat5on

Jun 17, 2007
I've got a Leon 2.0 TDI, 07 plate, got this exact problem and had it in the garage to get fixed 4 times....still rattles!!!!!!? any advice? did you say it was the main screws that hold the dash in place

flashp

Jul 1, 2008
I had a rattle here as well. I found that the two fixing screws (torx screws inside the rubbers) on the corners front edge of the glove box (behind the g'box door) needed to be adjusted so that the rubbers supported the g'box door when closed. I used some small rubber O rings to space the screws off. Been without this rattle for a few months now.

mwat5on

Jun 17, 2007
Ah right, can these screws be accessed at ease? ... or will I have to take any panels out to gain access?...I THINK the rattle is coming from somewhere near the air vents near the window cause when the rattling occurs, and I give the top of my dash a tap, the rattle seems to stop. I've heard that there's a design fault in which two plastic plates overlap and need some form of packing between them! Going to book it in again anyways and forward your comments. I appreciate the reply guys, many thanks

Foo56

Feb 6, 2007
I had a rattle, it turned out that I'd knocked the Aircon pipe bit cover in the footwell. Just slid it back on and made sure it was tight! I was thinkin the other day how much better the mk2 is built than mk1! Spose it's luck as much as anything with cars these days..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise