Dashboard Bulb's

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Since my whole dash is out I might as well change all the bulb's on the dash. I have searched but basically find how to change them to blue.

Just to check I got this right..... the warning lights, (Handbrake on, sidelights, inductors, abs, etc....) are 286 and the actually bulb that lights up the dials (red) are 509T?

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
the dial ones are indeed 509t....there is two up top of dials, two at bottom and then one in behind each screen

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Since my whole dash is out I might as well change all the bulb's on the dash. I have searched but basically find how to change them to blue.

Just to check I got this right..... the warning lights, (Handbrake on, sidelights, inductors, abs, etc....) are 286 and the actually bulb that lights up the dials (red) are 509T?

the one's behind each screen are 286's right?

The ones behind each screen are 509T aswell. The bulbs that light up the dials are actually white but theres an orange diffuser strip along the top.

Just thinking I dont have a warning light when I have my sidelights on. :confused:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
don't worry I haven't even got a handbrake one lol..... just ordered them all from vw once I was down there pickin up parts plus I haven't got time to chase around the place, working afternoons (the no life shift, wake up, gym, food, work, sleep) :(

M4TTYF

V.A.G. for life
May 28, 2008
hadfield glossop
i dont have a handbrake light or sidelight warning light the sidelight one comes on if i hit a bump hard but i didnt think there was a handbrake one how do you get behind the clocks to get at them

Heavy

Jan 21, 2009
Peoples Republic of Teesside.
I had a bulb out on my dash so yesterday took it out. It was one of the two general illumination bulbs at the top.

However, when I tried to get a replacement the four shops I tried did not have the right one.

The bulb I took out is 12v 2w, but the shops only had 12v 1.2w.

I did not get one as I thought it would give uneven illumination.

Any ideas?

Should I replace the two 2w bulbs with two 1.2w. Will this be bright enough?

Or are 2w bulbs available elsewhere?

Cheers.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Dealer! lol found it to be the easiest thing to t since I don't have much time working afternoons this week. Ordered yesterday, had a phone call today, collecting them tomorrow :)

gti_jonathan

I think one of the lights behind my rev counter on my mk2 8v cupra has gone, is it an easy job to do?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.