Dave's Candy White Bocanegra **Revo S1 25/4/13**

• Thread starter Deleted member 49882
  • Start date

Deleted member 49882

Cheers. I didn't the fit brakes. It was actually a fella of the forum who lives local to me and is a mechanic who fitted them (Harry171). He has done most of the modifications on the car for me, springs, ARB, Milltek and now the brakes. I bought the brakes of TurboBoy who organised the shipping, postage and packing and did a really good job on it. We reached a deal we were both happy with. You can get the same upgrade I got of ebay if you have a look. Only difference is, the kit that I dealt on, everything was brand new; so was really pleased.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 49882

Whole lot needed changed. Discs, callipers, carriers, anti-rattle clips, brake lines and pads. Also, informed insurance company and guess what? No extra charge! None of the modifications carried out to date have cost anything extra :)

Deleted member 49882

Am with Greenlight. But may also have something to do with my age, me being that bit older ;). Perhaps when my renewal quote comes in, I might have to start paying for the modifications then. Not too worried though, can't see it being extortionate.

miss_cupraR

lovin' the leon
Jan 24, 2009
Lurgan
Am with Greenlight. But may also have something to do with my age, me being that bit older ;). Perhaps when my renewal quote comes in, I might have to start paying for the modifications then. Not too worried though, can't see it being extortionate.

your not worried- cause you have too much money!!

Does your car ever see dirt?everytime i see her she is sparkling!! lol

Deleted member 49882

Ha ha I wish. Wouldn't need to work then ;)

White is difficult to keep clean alright. Always having to keep washing it and then the next day it is as bad as ever. Never ending cycle lol

Deleted member 49882

Car is coming on well from i have least see it Davy! You will have to fill me in at the next cruise :)
cheers Arnie. Starting to shape the way I want it. One or two minor things left to do and then that will be all the money spent on the car that I intend on spending. You going to Ultimate Car Show at Larne? I thought I was busy that wk end, but turns out I might be able to go if there are any spaces left and weather is good.

Arnie-Wilson

Leon 1.9Tdi Stylance
Jan 29, 2011
Portadown, NI
cheers Arnie. Starting to shape the way I want it. One or two minor things left to do and then that will be all the money spent on the car that I intend on spending. You going to Ultimate Car Show at Larne? I thought I was busy that wk end, but turns out I might be able to go if there are any spaces left and weather is good.

I am heading up but not showing the car. I can possibly get you in with Belfast Car Scene if you want to show yours? I will pm you my number and you can let me know sure.

Deleted member 49882

Cheers Arnie. To be honest, just looking at the weather here for next couple of days, doubt I will go. Am not going to get near the car to get it any way show worthy.

Arnie-Wilson

Leon 1.9Tdi Stylance
Jan 29, 2011
Portadown, NI
Cheers Arnie. To be honest, just looking at the weather here for next couple of days, doubt I will go. Am not going to get near the car to get it any way show worthy.

No worries Dave. That's exactly why im not showing, weather for down here isn't good by looking at the forecast. So might just attempt to drive up on Sunday if the weather is half decent.

Deleted member 49882

So, in for Revo remap this week. Fingers crossed every thing will go ok and I will have no post-map issues. I have put over 13000 miles on my car from near enough new and havent had any issues, next to no oil use at all. so i feel pretty confident that the car should be ok. also getting the spark plugs changed while in for a map to hopeful add the little bit more reassurance of no misfires.

Took a mapped Boc out for a test a drive a few weeks back and the difference between stock and S1 is ridiculous. Hopefully the map will be the last big expense on the car (at least for a while). One or two other things have taken my fancy, but to be honest I think I need to take a break from pumping any more monies into the car.

Deleted member 49882

Yip, that's what I found; car seemed to pull better throughout all the gears, particular first through to third. Should be good.

Aug 31, 2010
Lurgan, Northern Ireland
Good to hear your going for the remap Dave, will be very sharp after that I'm sure! [B)]

Got my Golf mapped up at P360 the other night, brilliant job! Would be rude not to go for it with the good deal on this month lol.